Chapter 37 - The Brief

Interstellar cleared her throat, commanding attention from the guests around the table. Best Jeanist arranged his immaculate suit and nodded in acknowledgment. The room fell silent, all eyes focused on the dynamic duo.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for gathering here today. We have an urgent mission ahead of us involving the League of Villains." Interstellar stated, a quiet air filled the room.

"We will be assigning specific individuals to carry out tasks and gather intel, in order to specifically target three of their key members: Dabi, Mr Compress and Spinner." Best Jeanist pitched in.

I looked to the professional heroes gathered in the room around me. They held an unwavering determination in their gaze as though they were prepared for anything. Meanwhile, I couldn't help but begin to feel nervous, things were getting serious, I'd chosen this life, to become a hero. After my fathers death I realised this world needed more heroes, and what better hero is there than the one who always makes it on time?

I wanted to be that hero. The gift of teleportation was my power, I didn't want there to ever be another child that spent their lives wishing "if only someone had gotten there sooner." But now here I was, a high school student in training and I felt rooted to the spot, I was terrified. I still didn't feel strong enough no matter how hard I trained. I had my Provisional License but I was nothing like the people I admired, they were always so strong, they always knew how to hold it together. Whilst I... When I think back to the night my father died, the night Bakugou was taken, the night we got him back, I realised that I was useless and brought nothing significant to the table.

My leg began to jitter restlessly due to my nervousness. Feeling uneasy, a gentle hand placed itself above my knee to comfort me. When I glanced over, I saw Katsuki. He wasn't looking in my direction, his attention remained focussed on Interstellar, with his head rested in the palm of his hand, yet the gesture somehow managed to soothe me. I felt myself pausing to observe him in return.

He casted a quick look back at me.

"Your shaking was annoying me." He mumbled.

"Oh.. Sorry." I whispered, readjusting my legs so they stopped trembling.

I felt quite embarrassed but then he gave me a light squeeze, I glimpsed at him and noticed a faint blush on his cheeks.

Interstellar continued to discuss the instructions for our assignment.

"Why those three villains in particular?" A hero from a couple rows away asked.

"Mr Compress, Dabi & Spinner are current members to The League of Villains and the only members we have the least amount of information on." Best Jeanist answered.

"Going forth, we believe it's in our best interest to gather as much information as possible on these specific villains." Time Twister stated in response.

"In order to find the intel we desire, we shall create a formation of multiple squads, each allocated to a specific role." Interstellar gestured toward a powerpoint.

On the board lay a selection of the Squad Leaders and names of heroes they would be working with underneath.

"Hmph. Why should Time Twister be considered a Squad Leader for such a mission?" A loud, deep and intimating voice boomed from the other corner of the room.

"Endeavour, it's nice that you cared to join us." Interstellar darted him a look.

Endeavour? I looked to the side of him, spotting Todoroki. Holy shit, they're here too.

"As to answer your question, the Squad Leaders are not set in stone, if you wish to argue your case please go ahead." She gestured him a bow.

Endeavour went on to state his own idea's for a better Squad match up and in all honesty, they seemed fair. After a long discussion it seemed everyone had come to an agreement of what will be happening going forward.