Chapter 19 - Bakugou Gets Kidnapped

As we wandered through the dense forest, my mind conjured wild speculations about the chaotic events taking place elsewhere. I hoped our other classmates were safe. However, our reality remained firmly rooted in the midst of it all. Katsuki had been forcibly taken, so we exerted every ounce of effort in a quest to rescue him.

In the heat of the moment, we formulated an alternative strategy. Tsuyu skillfully enveloped her tongue around Midoriya, Shoji, and Todoroki, while Ochaco utilized her Quirk to render them weightless. With the weightless trio in Tsu-chan's grip, she propelled them towards Mr. Compress. The three of them soared swiftly towards their target together. I then created a gate both in front of them and closer to Compress, creating a path that allowed the boys to reach him. They smashed Mr Compress onto the ground. Me, Uraraka and Tsu-chan teleported not too far behind.

In the dimly lit surroundings, I caught a glimpse of figures gathered in the clearing ahead, where Deku and the others had landed. The distant clamor between the boys and villains reached our ears, but our pace wasn't swift enough to catch up to them. The final memory etched in my mind was the ominous presence of a purplish aura, composed of swirling dark matter. From within the eerie mist, a sinister individual emerged, his hands slowly crept around Bakugou's throat as he forcefully pulled him in.

"Don't come Deku." Bakugou said.

With his last words, he vanished into the abyss of dark matter, the villains along with him. It seemed that someone among their ranks possessed a quirk similar to mine. The Training Camp abruptly came to an end that very night, both classes were evacuated and sent back home.

The abduction of an actual U.A. student had occurred, and the implications were dire. It spelled trouble for the school, for us, and for everyone involved. Fear gripped me tightly. It had been 2 days since Bakugou was taken. I heard that Midoriya and a few of the others were still recovering in hospital. In the aftermath, my appetite vanished, sleep eluded me, and I found myself isolating from classmates. The only person I exchanged words with was Mina, and even then, my words were few. But this is Bakugou Katsuki we're talking about, after all. He'll be alright; he's nothing like me. Still... He must be scared too...? He might be undeniably strong, incredibly strong in fact, and yet being kidnapped by The League of Villains was beyond a doubt, absolutely terrifying.

My mind was consumed with thoughts of his whereabouts, his well-being, and the villains' motives. A relentless whirlwind of anxiety churned in the pit of my stomach.

I scrolled through my messages, hoping for some updates on the situation, but there were no new notifications that made me feel like replying. Feeling disheartened, I lay amongst the various plushies scattered across my bed, gazing blankly at the ceiling, feeling more useless than ever. The sense of helplessness weighed heavily upon me, engulfing my thoughts, when there was a knock on my door.

"I'll have to leave for work soon, please make sure you eat something. If you need me I'm only a phone call away, I love you sweetie."

Although I didn't feel like talking, I managed to muster up the effort to reply.

"Okay, thanks mum. I love you too."

She'd been worried sick and was deeply concerned about the recent events. I presumed everyones parents would share the same worries, but this was the reality of being a hero. This was the path I'd chosen, it was too late now. It was scary but I couldn't afford to dwell on fear; I just had to accept it and start getting used to it. She left and not too long after, I received a text from Todoroki.

"Hey, we need to talk. I'm coming by your house with some of the others from class, it's important."

More anxiety raced through me, I hadn't seen anyone the past two days, I was unsure of what was going to happen. I didn't like it and there was no way I could let them see me like this. I decided to get dressed, do my hair and throw on more appropriate clothes, I needed to look somewhat put-together at least.