Chapter 17 - A Walk in the Park

The radiant sun illuminated the sky, casting a warm glow upon the beautiful day. The sound of birds singing filled the air, harmonizing with the vibrant display of cherry blossoms in full bloom. As I prepared myself for school, a glimmer of familiarity caught my eye—a figure with ash-blonde hair strolled by my house. I swiftly decided to leave in the hope of catching up to him.

"Bakugou?" I called out.

"Uh- Hey." He replied in his usual deep voice, although a little startled.

"Good Morning!" I said cheerfully.

"Morning loser."

"You're running a little late today, you usually pass my house earlier than this."

"Oh really?"

"Uh- Well I- mean, yeah sometimes I might see you go past."

He didn't say anything, we walked a couple more paces in comfortable silence.

"Do you want to... Walk together?" I asked.

"Sure, whatever, I mean Isn't that what we're already doing right now?"

"R-right."

I'm unsure of what was with me today, I get a little awkward around him, maybe because yesterday was so tense but I was determined for today to be the opposite. Spring was in the air and the roads ahead were decorated with pink trees and grass verges, it was a nice walk.

"So you looking forward to the Training Camp?" I asked.

"Yeah!!" He said with an enthusiastic aggression.

"I'm gonna train past my limits... And you better too." He smirked at me.

"Oh just you wait!!"

"I mean it. I'm destined for greatness just you watch me."

We approached Castle Park. It's a beautiful place here in Japan, you can see the towers of U.A across the other side.

"Should we walk through the park?" He asked.

"Uh, sure."

It was nice. Really nice. He was in a calm mood this morning. His blonde hair shined in the sun, bringing out the crimson in his eyes. 

He looked good today. An innocent thought crossed my mind. Why did I? I wasn't sure why I'd thought that. Then again I always think Todoroki is so beautiful whenever I look at him, it's okay to appreciate beauty in the world, not everything has to mean something. Bakugou looked handsome when he was calm, that was a fact.

As we ventured along the path, admist the trees and proceeded past the fountain, we engaged in various conversation topics, including his recent fight with All Might the day before.

"You did so well I was impressed! I mean ALL MIGHT? There's no way I could have passed that exam." I told him truthfully.

"Hah. Well yeah of course I did. You shouldn't expect anything less from me."

I smiled.

"You're right."

His eyes widened and he looked a little taken back, but he smiled in return.

I didn't bring up yesterday, the walk home felt so tense and awkward, but today was different.

We finally arrived at U.A and made our way to class. Aizawa then informed us about the information in relation to the Training Camp.
Break time came around and we would be setting off for 3rd period. I was sat with Mina and our usual group of friends, Kaminari and Jirou.