Chapter 38 -Do You Like Him?

After heading back to the office with Interstellar she informed me that the mission ahead will be difficult, for now I would face what the true essence of being a hero is. Co-operation would play a key factor.

"Interstellar?"

"Yes my dear?"

"You know how strong I am... Now I have my Provisional License... I've worked hard but there's something I need to ask you.." I hesitated.

"What's wrong?" She floated beside me, coming to a halt, gazing down softly at me.

"Do you think I'm good enough to do this?" I asked nervously.

She paused before replying.

"Of course I do." She placed a hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

"You're a strong woman Y/N. You need to learn to believe in yourself more my dear."

I looked back at her wide eyed. It was inspiring knowing that a hero I highly admired and respected believed in me. If someone as amazing as her thought I was good enough, maybe it was true.

"Presides, there will be other heroes there fighting alongside us. If the mission goes better than expected, we may not have to fight at all.. So rest easy little dove."

I nodded in agreement and began to make my way back to the U.A. dorms, teleporting back to campus swiftly. As I reached the front door of our Accommodation building, I encountered Bakugou once more.

"Y/N."

"Bakugou hey! Earlier was pretty craz-"

"Interstellar." He interrupted.

Gazing daringly at me, working with Interstellar had always been my hidden secret. Yet now, other classmates were also collaborating with her agency, which meant the truth would come out eventually.

"You know her don't you?" Katsuki asked.

My obvious discomfort caught his attention.

"There's.. Something you can't tell me isn't there?"

I hated that. Katsuki was the one who I told everything to, I'd shared intimate moments with him, revealed my past, he had become someone that I began to trust more deeply than anyone else. It bothered me that there was something I couldn't tell him.

"It's alright." He murmured softly.

Katsuki's intellect was sharp; nothing escaped his notice. I sensed he already had an inkling of the truth.

"When All Might lost his powers... it messed me up."

I felt a sudden stillness. Was he... opening up to me?

"I never mentioned it to you, yet even so, you stood by my side through it all." He conveyed, his tone carrying a weight of both sincerity and gravity.

I couldn't find it within me to tell him I was there that night, a silent observer of his emotional unraveling. I was an unintended witness, never meant to be there in the first  place; it was an intrusion on his privacy. Yet, in this very moment, he stood before me, willingly showing his vulnerability.

His gaze locked onto my eyes.

"So, it's alright if there's things you can't tell me, I'll still be here."

I gently moved toward him, feeling an inner urge to run my fingers through his hair. I started to bring my hand up to his face whilst he gazed back at me. Suddenly, the front door swung open, causing both Bakugou and me to startle.

"Oh you guys back from Hero Studies?" Mina and Kirishima appeared from behind it.

I quickly brought my hand back down in the hopes no one wouldn't notice.