Chapter 71: Eye of the Storm

Chapter 71:

The library's hushed ambiance embraced us as Todoroki, Midoriya, and I made our way to a secluded table. Despite the quiet surroundings, my thoughts echoed with the words Bakugou had spoken earlier.

I don't like you like that, got it?

Todoroki's calm voice broke through my thoughts, "Y/N, are you okay?"

Deku, with his ever-observant emerald gaze, framed by sage locks, chimed in, "You've been quiet. Is something bothering you?"

I blinked, returning to the present, "Huh? Oh, it's nothing."

They glanced at each other and back to myself, I could tell neither of them were buying my feeble words.

"Just the usual confusion, without my memories, you know?" I sighed lightly, trying to dismiss any lingering thoughts. "And I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow, meeting more people I should know... but I don't." I added quietly, my fingers tracing patterns on the table. Despite my attempts to brush it off, Bakugou's declaration still rang through my head on top of everything else.

Todoroki looked at me, his aqua-grey gaze conveying a silent understanding, "You'll be fine, okay?" he spoke gently, supportively placing his had on top of my own.

"Yeah, and we'll both be there," Midoriya added, leaning in with a bright smile.

"Exactly," Todoroki nodded in agreement, "Bakugou and Kirishima too."

"They will?" I asked curiously, the pair of them humming in response.

"Yeah, we all partnered with each others agency for the last mission you were on,"

Todoroki explained, "Then the agency Kirishima was at, received a request for partnership whilst you were still... um, in the hospital," his voice grew quieter with every word until it became a whisper.

"I see," I nodded, unable to recall anything that happened during the last mission he was referring to.

"Anyway, we should focus on this for now," the icy hero spoke up again, gesturing to the text books on the table, "But, I think tomorrow might actually... be good for you," he smiled, seemingly soft and gentle, a warmth in his eyes reflecting how much he genuinely cared.

"I think Todoroki's right," Midoriya chimed in, his voice as sweet as ever.

I returned the smile with a slightly more enthusiastic nod, immersing myself back into our study session, feeling a lot more at ease about whatever awaited the following day.

The three of us remained engrossed in the study session, the weight of the textbooks temporarily set aside as the evening unfolded. As the hours passed, the topic of conversation naturally drifted away from academics, leading us to lighter topics.

The laughter echoed in our corner of the library as we shared anecdotes and jokes. One amusing incident that stood out was Aoyama's quirky gesture of leaving a piece of cheese outside Midoriya's door. We chuckled at the peculiar choice, finding humor in the randomness of his actions.

However, amidst the laughter, I noticed a subtle change in Midoriya's expression. While he joined in, there was a lingering concern in his eyes. It seemed that beneath the surface, the peculiar cheese incident had left him slightly unsettled.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I decided to address it. "Deku, as funny as it is, you're okay right?" I asked, a hint of genuine concern in my voice.

Midoriya hesitated for a moment before responding, "Yeah, it's just... strange, you know? I can't figure out why Aoyama would do that."

Todoroki nodded in agreement, his stoic demeanor breaking for a moment. "It is unusual, but perhaps there's some hidden meaning or it's just Aoyama being eccentric again."