Chapter 40 - Where's Spinner?

(The man in the photo is Yoroi Musha btw)

Woah. I did it. I took in my surroundings, making sure I'd taken myself to the right place. There it was, the bright yellow house. I was truly there. After tracking the movements of the Recon Squad, I knew which direction they headed in. The flickering neon lights casted an eerie glow on the graffiti-covered walls. The distant hum of the city night filled the air. Just moments later, the scout team emerged from the shadows, their expressions a mix of surprise and relief at the reunion.

"Y/N, you made it," Ectoplasm whispered, a hint of a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Yeah, just about."

"Well, I'm glad you're here too Y/N!" I overheard Hagakure's voice from behind, although I couldn't see her.

"Spinner's a slippery one. We've been tracking him for the past couple days, but he always manages to slink away" Yoroi stated.

My eyes narrowed as I glanced around the darkened alley.

"We need to stay focused. Any lead on his location?"

Yoroi nodded.

"Latest reports place him near the abandoned warehouse district. Rumor has it he's meeting with some shady contacts."

I realised I didn't have a clue what Yoroi's quirk was, but his tall strong stature and armour gave off an undeniable look of strength.

Ectoplasm leaned in, his voice barely audible.

"Our best shot is to tail him discreetly. If we can gather evidence of his plans, we might finally have an advantage for our next step of our assignment."

"Got it."

We kept strolling along the dimly lit streets, exploring the nearby deserted warehouse structures. Unfortunately, our discoveries were limited to dilapidated furniture, disintegrated boxes, and a few spiders. Abruptly, the distant sound of a man's voice reached my ears. We paused, straining to catch the words, but the voice remained too distant to discern.

"I.. Could try to get closer? Hagakure whispered quietly.

The professional heroes nodded, advising her to be careful and give us a signal if she needed us. My heart filled with concern for her; venturing alone into potential danger showcased her remarkable bravery.

The night air was thick with tension as we waited in the dimly lit alley. We held held our  positions, our eyes focused on the entrance of the alley, ready for any sign of trouble.
Minutes turned into what felt like an eternity, the silence only broken by the distant sounds of the city. Ectoplasm glanced at his watch, his impatience barely concealed beneath his stern demeanor. Yoroi's grip tightened on his weapon, his jaw set in determination. Beside them was me, shifting on my feet, nerves coiled like a spring, waiting for whatever might come next.

We waited in hushed anticipation for a considerable amount of time when suddenly, a crackle of static erupted from the radio that had been resting on a crate beside us. The radio's static began to intensify. Hagakure's voice cut through the airwaves, tense and urgent.

"Master Yoroi.."

We all continued to listen intently.

"I've been able to track the target down to a specific warehouse. It's about four rows away from the building of your current location."

"This is amazing Toru. You have done well young hero."

"There's.- Sixxx.. o-f them."

The radio signal continued to break up.