Chapter 63: Pretty

Chapter 63:

I tried my hardest to think of what on earth to say, without saying how I actually felt at all.

"Y/N!!!!!!!! So are you excited about Physical Training!?" Mina ran toward us, throwing her arms around me with a spin and a sparkle in her eye.

"Mina-chan!!!" I reciprocated.

Thank you Mina. Thank the gods. Jesus christ, that was close. Oh wow, internally, I was taking a massive breather. Mina, you truly are my bestest friend, looks like the universe was on my side today.

"I am actually, although I'll admit I'm feeling pretty nervous too." I chuckled awkwardly.

"I'm excited to see all your quirks in action though!" I added enthusiastically, as we continued to walk to the cafeteria with Bakugou.

"Just wait until you see Todoroki-kun in action! He looks extra pretty whenever he uses his quirk." Mina looked longingly down the corridor, his mismatched hair in view.

My heart dropped a little, understanding Bakugou's feeling for the double-quirk user, I noticed him huff and roll his eyes at Mina's words which caused her to shoot him a glare.

"What?"

"Didn't say anything." Bakugou averted his gaze, looking to me instead.

"Think you'll be able to handle it?"

"Huh? Handle what? Todoroki's beauty?" I chuckled with a sarcastic tone, shaking my head.

Although clearly, Bakugou didn't find my comment funny, he didn't dare crack a smile.

"I meant Physical Training." He scoffed nastily, crossing his arms.

"As long as I'm not up against you I think I'll be just fine." I smiled at him shyly.

He smirked in response.

"Why's that then?"

"Huh? Oh- W-well obviously you're.. Pretty strong." My cheeks began to heat up as I stammered on my words.

"You think so? You haven't seen me use my quirk yet." He raised a brow.

I bit my lip nervously, looking the other way.

"You just give off a- um.. strong, masculine vibe." I mumbled to myself quietly.

"Masculine?" Mina reiterated loudly, in a teasing tone.

"Do you think Bakugou's manly, Y/N?" She teased even further, causing me to become increasingly flustered.

"Huh? Well, um, I suppose he's—"

Oh, no... I spotted a smirk forming on Bakugou's face as he leaned in closer to me.

"Are you blushing?" He whispered, his voice low and deep, tinged with a teasing undertone.

Did he really just ask me that? Was I imagining things? I- I felt so embarrassed, which made the obvious shades of red my face, deepen even more.

"She totally is! Heheheheh ~" Mina giggled quietly.

"No I'm not, shut up." I huffed and stormed off to the bathroom, feeling utterly embarrassed.

Am I blushing!? Why does that feel familiar? As though he.. had said something like that before?

No. He hardly talks to me all week and then comes out with a comment like that!? This boy, I did NOT understand him at all, he was a complete mystery, an enigma and it was infuriating! I mean - okay, I kind of dug myself into a hole there, talking about how strong and masculine he was... God I felt so embarrassed, I began shaking my head in shame. I bet his ego went through the roof. No. I bet it shot so far through the roof, all the way up, right into space and landed itself nicely, onto the fucking moon.