Chapter 66- Birthday Card

"I don't know which one?"  Gianna asked me through the phone.  I was currently at Gianna's and James's suite.

"I don't know!  I've never gotten pregnancy tests before!"  I said.  I was freaking out. It's the next day and I couldn't calm down.

"I'll just get the most expensive one." Gianna said. "It's embarrassing buying this shit."

"Just get a birthday card with it." I laughed as I was eating a donut. I just have been having these cravings.

"Ok, got it... I'll meet you at my suite." Gianna said as she hung up. I heard a knock on the door. I got up, unlocking and opening the door.

"Hey Brooke."  I said as I let her come in.

"Hey Jay.  What's up?"  Brookelyn asked as she sat on the couch.

"Nothing much.... I thought you had dance practice?"  I asked her as I sat with her.

"Nah.... Dereck sprained his ankle so now I have to wait a couple months to go back to the dancing studio."  Brookelyn said.

"It's been a while though."  I said.  "You've gotten the position a long time ago."

"I know, but they're being difficult... They say they're going to start the season, but they don't know what the bloody hell to do!" Brookelyn said.

"They should just be professional and start shooting the show." I said to her. She hasn't been dancing recently because the organization is being complicated.

"I know... But I think I might... Give up." Brookelyn said.

"Brooke, this is an amazing opportunity. Not that many people could get it. Hell, not that any people have the commitment to it. I know you Brookelyn, you don't give up that easily." I said to her.

"Wow, this reminds me of the time when I was at my first dance recital." Brookelyn laughed. "Remember?"

I remembered.  It was 8th Grade.  She was on our competitive dance team.  It was the category of hip hop.  Though, she is better at lyrical and waltz dances, she kept stressing out on one move specifically.  She wanted to give up last minute.  Right at our state competition.  I kept telling her that she can't stop.  She's amazing at dancing.  And she's my best friend.  I would make sure she gets to be her best.  On and off the dance floor.

"It was great."  I smiled.  "You got worried for nothing." 

They won the state competition.  Along with Michelle, they competed more and more to go to nationals.  Even though they lost to stupid Mulberry High from Washington,  they won in our eyes.  Sounds cliche, but it was true.

"Jay open!"  I could hear Gianna's voice outside the door.  I got up, seeing her with a little brown bag.  This is the time.  Brookelyn doesn't know what's going on.  I'm not sure what's going to happen.

"Hey Gianna."  Brookelyn smiled.  "What'd you buy?"

"Erm... Your birthday card!"  Gianna said.  She bought the fucking Birthday Card.  Gianna handed Brooke the birthday card.  Brookelyn automatically made a furrowed face.  I could tell she was confused.

I sighed.  "You could tell her."  I told Gianna as you could tell that with he facial expressions. 'You sure?' I nodded.  I took the bag. 

"Brooke."  I sighed nervously.  "This is a pregnancy test."  I took it out of the box, showing Brookelyn the test. "I'm taking it."

"Wh-what?"  Brookelyn asked in shock.

"Before you say anything."  I said.  "Can I take the test first?"