Chapter 97- BROOKELYN!

"I can't believe it." Brookelyn says as she looks down. "HOW COME YOU DIDN'T TELL ME EARLIER?!"

"I don't know... I was afraid." I said.

"You have to tell Brad." Brookelyn realizes. "And Connor, and the squad."

"I will... Eventually." I say.

"Jay, you know that's the right thing to do; how much time do you have anyway?" She asks

"Until July 30?"  I say.

"AFTER YOUR DAMN BIRTHDAY?!"  Brookelyn says.

"Yeah."  I say. "My dad works for the schools all over so he kind of has to start towards the beginning of when school starts."

"Wow."  Brookelyn says.  "So what are you going to do?" 

"I don't know."  I say.  "My whole life is here... Brad, you guys, CONNOR MY FREAKING BROTHER!"  I say out of frustration.

"I'm going to tell you the cheesiest shit ever."  Brookelyn says.

"Go."  I say.

"Follow your damn heart."  Brookelyn says.  "That helps."

"Wow.  Brookelyn you have a soul!"  I give her a high five.

"I know right?"  She laughs.   "Where's Brad?"

"He's at the gym by himself, everyone else is-"

"At the movies."  Brookelyn says.  "Now, take a nap you had like two hours of sleep last night cause Claire notified me you have a meet up today in 9 hours."  She looks at her watch.

"Ok... Wake me up an hour before."  I say as she nods.  Brookelyn leaves my room, turning off the lights.  Considering its 2 in the morning, meet up is at 11.  I have to sleep.

----

"Wake up Jay."  Brad says.

"What?"  I say as I wake up.  "What? How did I end up in your room?"

"You've been here for the past 3 days."  Brad says.  That's weird.

"So, I'm going to go get a cup of tea."  I say as I get up going to the door.  "Oh do you want-"  I try to open the door but it's locked.

"What happening?"  I ask.

"How come you weren't going to tell me?"  Connor asks.  "Why won't you just stay here?" He says holding up a plane ticket to California.  With my name on it.

"What? How did you get that?"  I say.  "Where's Brad?"

"He's gone.  Tell me.  Why can't you stay here?"  Connor asks me.  "You can't just leave me like that!  You're such a twat!"

"Look I get that it's my choice but I think it's the fact that it's my decision and what's best for me."  I say.

"Yeah but doesn't mean you can leave just like that!"  Connor yells. 

I turn around in frustration.

"We gave up everything for you."  Gianna says.

"We moved all across the country just to be with you."  Michelle says.

"So you repay us by moving all the way back!"  Brookelyn yells.

"Look I'm so sorry!  I know that I feel like I've dragged you here!  But my dad-"

"Your dad hasn't been there for most of your life, I've been like a sister to you and you decide to leave me?!"  Michelle screams.

"I'M SORRY!"  I cry, going into a corner, having my head in my knees.