Baby's heartbeat

Izzy's POV

Now Jake and I are at my prenatal appointment alongside to see my gynecologists.

As we were waiting in the waiting room, I was looking at something cute inside my magazine.

"Hey, Jake look what I found that would look cute for our baby boy or girl." I told him but like always he didn't pay attention.

"Huh? Oh, that's nice." Jake said as I immediately hit him with my magazine.

"Ouch, what was that for?" Jake wanted to know after I was done hitting him with the magazine.

"For not listening to me." I told him.

"I always listen to you, Izzy." Jake said as I facepalm myself.

"What did I just say?" I exclaimed.

"You said I didn't listen to you." Jake replied.

"Izzy Rose Green?" The Gynecologist called my name as we both get up while following her into the office.

As we were still listening to our baby's heartbeat, the practitioner left to give us some time alone.

"Okay, do you bet if our baby is a boy or girl." I said.

"I bet it's a boy." Jake betted.

"Well, I bet it's a girl. Because if it is a girl, I'm taking her shopping every week." I said.

"Uh, oh brother. You and the shopping." Jake complained.

"Oh just wait till we get home, you'll get something from me." I exclaimed.

"Oh boy, is it an animal?" Jake questioned.

"Is it an...anima...NO!" I told him.

"Back to our previous conversation, why do you think it's going to be a boy?" I wanted to know.

"Because if it's a boy I'll take him to a baseball game, to the carnival, a playhouse, and other fun things little boys want to do with their father." Jake gave his reason.

"Oh boy, I can't wait to see how our boy reacts to your fun Jake." I teased while trying not to laugh.

"Oh what about you? You're going to spoil our daughter with new clothes when you take her shopping." Jake explained.

"I bet Cubby and Stormy will do the same thing when they have kids in 10  years." I told him.

"I bet their kids first words would be coconuts, and I bet our kids first word will be Mummy and dada." Jake said as we both laughed.

"Alright, Ms. Green, when you are 20 weeks pregnant that's when you'll find out the gender of your baby. Anyway, you'll receive a teddy bear, and your baby's heartbeat. See you guys real soon." The practitioner told us as I got up, with hold Jake's hand as we went home.