Jasmine's open heart surgery

Jake's POV

While Izzy was holding Jasmine in her arms while she was sleeping, Issac was looking at his baby sister. I had my hand on Izzys's shoulder and my other hand on Issac's. Izzy is sitting in her hospital bed while wearing a hospital gown on.

"Hello, this must be Jasmine. I'll be her anesthesiologist, I will be the one to watch over her while she is in surgery." The anesthesiologist told us.

"So since Jasmine is a day old, we'll still put her to sleep. We will be carful though. She will be put to sleep before going into the operating room. Now do any of you have questions?" The anesthesiologist wanted to know.

"No." We both told him.

"Okay thanks!" The anesthesiologist exclaimed as he left.

"Mommy, Daddy, is Jasmine going to be okay?" Issac asked.

Izzy's POV

"Jake what did I do wrong during my pregnancy? I never drank, nor smoked, but my baby needs open heart surgery at one day old." I wanted to know as I began to cry to him.

"Mommy, look at me, don't cry, Issac will be okay." Issac said.

"I even didn't drink on my 21st birthday but, why did it had to be our daughter, Jake? Why?" I cried really hard.

"Aww, poor mommy. Daddy take Jasmine, I'll try and calm mommy down." Issac said as Jake took Jasmine and I crawled towards Mommy and began to hug her tight to help her calm down.

"Aww, don't cry mommy, my baby sister will be okay. The doctors and nurses will take good care of her." Issac exclaimed as I calmed down a bit and kissed my son's face.

"Hi, may I take your daughter for a CT can on her heart?" The doctor asked.

"Jake?" I called.

"Don't worry I'll go with her." Jake said as he kissed my forehead.

"Okay, we love you Jake." I told him as he kissed me again.

Jake's POV

As I was waiting outside the CT scan room, the doctor was getting Jasmine settled.

Doctor's POV

"Okay, according to the computer scan, it shows that Jasmine's heart is slowly beating. And we need to fix that by opening her chest and fixing her heart." I told the team.

"Okay, let's go tell the father that we will be taking Jasmine to surgery." The nurse said as I went over to Jasmine and immediately placed the anesthesia masks on her face to make her sleep.

Jake's POV

"Mr. Hutchison, we will take your daughter up to surgery, she's fast asleep. Unfortunately, your daughter has something we call heart disease, congenital heart defect. She will be in the operating room for a few hours." The doctor explained as I was now sobbing.

"Okay, let me know when she is out of surgery." I said as they both nodded their heads and wheeled Jasmine away.

"What am I going to tell Izzy? Most importantly what am I going to tell Issac?" I questioned myself as I walked slowly back into Izzy's hospital room.

"Uh, Jake where's Jasmine? Is she with you?" Izzy asked.

"Daddy, where's my baby sister?" Issac wanted to know.

"Jake, where's our niece?" Cubby and Stormy exclaimed.

"Uh, Jasmine had to go to the operating room, due to her having what they like to call heart disease, congenital heart defect." I explained as they all started to tear up mostly Izzy.