Left Unsaid - Mhe

A little writing experiment i did. It's shorter than my usual, but still my usual bullshit lol

~~~

In all honesty, Shino never thought it would get this far.

He remembers back before his parents died, when he was young and just trying to avoid eating his vegetables while still getting dessert. It was... Easier. Before he done fucked it all up.

A series of unfortunate events people tended to call it. Like that excused arresting a literal 7 year old child. Honestly, it's remarkable he turned out as well as he did.

Shino tried. He tried so hard. He really should have known it would crash down on him.
Or in this case, blow up in his face. Literally.

In the end, it all culminated in this very moment. Standing across from the man he thought to have been dead, and not feeling nearly as bad as he probably should.

"You never could bring yourself to stand on my side, could you?" He calls.

Kol Becker. How much of this could have been prevented if he just went to therapy as a kid?

"Not like you made it easy." Shino offers lightly.

The other heroes and villains simply watch the interactions from the sidelines. The Conductor has Ronin under his control, so Shino's really all that's left.

"Sure you want to do this again? Especially how it ended up last time?" Shino questions, shaking hands hidden in his pockets.

They didn't need to know how Shino felt, didn't need to see the images flashing behind his eyes.

PTSD. The distant voice of one of his therapists whispers.

"You mean with you in the hospital?" Kol laughs.

"With you dead." Shino cuts in. Kol shuts up quickly, but his smile can still be seen despite the mask.

"Oh yeah. Well, you still ended up taking the brunt of it. What was the charge again? Murder? Manslaughter?" Kol drawls lowly.

"Terrorism, actually. You just happened to be a casualty in the crossfire."

"Cute." Kol offers.

And just like before, they stand on opposing sides. And though neither of them know it, the other fears what might become of this.

"You don't have to do this, you know you don't. You can still go home." Shino advises, keeping any sort of desperation out of his voice.

"There's no home for me now." Kol mutters lowly.

They both know he's not sure if it's a lie or not.

"Besides, your not one to judge. You believed in my ideals just as much as I did. Just hid it behind a pretty little smile." Kol mocks.

Shino exhales lowly. "I don't believe in senseless slaughter." He states.

Kol laughs again. "Is that so?! Last I checked, I died at 17 with just a hospitalization incident. Meanwhile, your 22 with, what, 3 murder charges and terrorism on your record?"

They both hear the gasp Gadget let's slip.

"It was an accident." Shino hisses.

Kol grins widely. Anyone could hear it in his voice.

"Last I checked, they don't arrest 7 year old children for accidents." He advises.

Shino takes a slow breath.

"We both agreed we weren't going to be heros Arsenal. I don't care to play pretend." Kol scolds.

"You may not be a hero, Eclipse. But you're not a villain. You can lie all you want, but you don't enjoy killing people. You don't enjoy hurting people!" Shino snaps at him.