a/n: probably should've mentioned before but this isn't in the original time period

We both had to work the next day, in which she told me the dinner would be at 7 but she never stated where and I was honestly too excited to remember to ask. As I started getting ready, it dawned on me that I hadn't inquired about it and I couldn't even ask now because I didn't have her number. "Good lord how dumb can you be?" I flopped down on the bed and wondered who I could text or call to get it. I mean I could definitely call the front desk but, depending on who was there, I could get questioned.

Dolly would simply give it to me because she doesn't really think too much about things. However, if it was Phyllis... she would question me to death and still not give up the number at the end. I feel like her whole goal is to annoy people so they just walk away from her. As I ponder on it, my phone buzzes and I pick it up lazily only to see an unknown number.

It's Mildred. I need your address so I can pick you up for dinner

I smile a bit until I start wondering how she got my number. Oh well, duh, it is in my file at work and as head nurse she obviously has access to them. I text her back my address and continue getting ready so she won't have to wait on me. I've already showered and now I just have to style my hair which I'm keeping simple. I debate on wearing makeup or not and I decide to just do some light touches, giving the impression that I'm more alive than I am.

('The green dress')

('The green dress')

Soon enough she calls me to say she's outside and I grab my purse, hurrying out to the car. I get in and we greet each other quickly before she starts the drive. It actually wasn't too far from my apartment so the trip is nice and short. Due to her reservation, we get seated immediately and then there's just a bit of silence. I listen to the various conversations around us; all of it sounding a little jumbled, since they're talking at the same time, but it's a comfortable background noise.

"My name is Leanne, I'll be your server today. What can I start you ladies off with?" I look up to see the waitress who locks eyes with me and smiles a bit. We order our drinks but I'm not quite ready to order food so we hold off on that to put them in at the same time. Once we've both chosen, I call the waitress over and we put in the orders. "So, how has your weekend been?" Both Mildred and I have weekends off conveniently enough.

"It's been alright, what about you?" I smirk to myself as many thought run through my head pertaining to the answer to her question. "It's ok but I'm happier to be here with you" I see the slightest blush on her cheeks and I smile warmly. "Excuse me?" I look up to see a random lady, my eyes graze her attire and she looks quite nice so I smile up at her. "I'm just across the dining room" she points to a table where another woman is sat, "and I just have to say, you're gorgeous. I admit I've been looking for quite sometime" she blushes and glances away before meeting my eyes again.

"Well, thank you, you're not too bad yourself" I smirk a bit and her blush deepens as she rolls her eyes playfully. "Anyway, I hope you two have a nice night" and with that she goes back to her table and I watch her walk away, a slight mix of confusion and happiness on my face. I love when people just go out of their way to compliment others out of the blue; especially when there's no catch other than making someone smile, I find it really cute.