1.19 - He won't leave the Imperial Star even a step!

In the ward, Qi Yu maintained the same posture as before, his tears gushing out and soaking the pillowcase.

  In fact, from the moment the man entered the room, he recognized Fred's footsteps. He was afraid to hear the man's scolding again, so he closed his eyes as if to escape. However, the next second, the scorching temperature was exactly on his back.

  That was the peace of mind and care that Qi Yu once longed for...

  But now...

  What's the point?

  Qi Yu felt like his heart was being torn apart. Fred had always hated him, so why did he do something to shake him when he wanted to give up? Even if a man showed more tenderness, it was only out of responsibility and sympathy...

  The moment the man closed the door, he opened his eyes again, and could no longer control the tears in his eyes.

  A silent drizzle fell from the sky, and dark clouds covered the dawn.

  In Dr. Logan's office, Fred spread the crumpled physical examination report on the table. The alert aura emanating from his body proved that he was unwilling to stay here, but it seemed that only this man could help relieve Qi Yu's pain as soon as possible.

  Logan obviously did not welcome the visit of the Imperial Admiral. After looking up and seeing who the visitor was, he pretended not to see him and continued to pack up the documents in his hand.

  Fred was the first to break the silence: "I only injected a quarter of the dose..."

  The admiral who always kept his word would never shirk his responsibilities, and what he did was what he deserved. But Fred knew Logan's impression of him, so to the doctor, this sentence might have sounded like a scumbag's self-justification.

  Logan paused and raised his head, saying calmly, "Who injected the remaining excess dose, and when?"

  "It was Kyle, on the wedding day." Fred's eyes fell on the wrinkled report.

  "..."

  Logan's originally calm heart twitched, and combined with the news reports he knew, he sorted out the general outline of the matter.

  "Then after you rescued him, you didn't notice anything wrong with him?" Logan asked mercilessly.

  Fred: "..."

  Logan: "Even after you injected the drug yourself, you didn't alert him and notice his extra abnormality?"

  "I..." Fred didn't want to excuse himself, but it was precisely because he noticed everything that made him feel even more uncomfortable at the moment.

  As early as the trial, he noticed that Qi Yu was different. He looked so depressed, gloomy and cautious. He was completely different from the Qi Yu he knew at the beginning.

  And that time when he saw the potion in his hand, his crazy struggle was also a warning.

  He saw it all, but ignored it all...

  Ever since he found out who the young master's father was, he had been resisting and no longer took Qi Yu seriously.

  But what does my hatred for Duke Connor have to do with Qi Yu? When my mother died, Qi Yu was not even born yet. Yet I took my anger out on him again and again, hurting him with my indifference and neglect.

  I'd better find a chance to make it up to you later. The most important thing now is to help Qi Yu get rid of his pain as soon as possible.

  "I hope Dr. Logan can cure Joshua as soon as possible." Fred spoke solemnly and firmly. He suddenly missed the face that used to smile brightly at him...

  Logan was obviously in no mood to understand Fred's inner thoughts: "You don't need to worry about this. It's my job to cure diseases and save lives."

  Of course Logan will do his best to help Qi Yu.

  When he heard about Qi Yu's heroic performance in the spaceship and his outstanding role in promoting mecha technology, Logan felt admiration for this young man from the bottom of his heart.

  However, after he saw the medical examination report that recorded the excessive residue, he instantly thought of Fred's face that asked inexplicably, and accidentally pieced together the truth, which made Logan furious. After the explanation of the person involved, the facts were not as bad as he imagined.

  However, as a husband who could be so negligent towards his partner, Logan could not completely erase the negative label that Fred had in his mind.

  However, treating the patient requires the full cooperation of the family.

  "I'm going to the ward now, you come with me." Logan informed Fred coldly.

  Fred couldn't help but clench his fists, but didn't say anything in reply.

  The two returned to the inpatient building not long after. In the corridor, they heard a lot of noise, including Jayden's voice: "The patient will not accept any interviews. Please leave immediately!"

  Fred saw three plainclothes men trying to enter Qi Yu's ward from a distance. Jaden stood with his back against the door, guarding the door without letting anyone in. Military hospitals should not allow strangers to enter, Fred narrowed his eyes slightly.

  "This is a hospital, please keep quiet." Logan's lenses reflected a white light. His serious expression and white coat made his voice seem particularly weighty in the hospital where the faint smell of disinfectant was floating in the air.

  The three men followed the sound and cast their eyes towards the people behind them. When they saw the fierce and awe-inspiring Imperial Admiral behind Logan, they immediately stopped talking and looked at each other.

  When the six people gathered at the door of the ward, the middle-aged man in the lead smiled broadly and bowed to Fred and Logan, saying, "We are reporters from Imperial Media. We would like to interview Advisor Joshua about his views on the current national decision-making."

  Jaden urged impatiently: "I told you this is a military secret. If you continue like this, I will call the police."

  The middle-aged man did not retreat at all. He just avoided Fred's gaze and looked at Logan and continued to smile: "Advisor Joshua is a hero of our empire. He has made many sacrifices for the empire. The people are all concerned about when he plans to leave the empire. We just need to get a definite news..."

  "Where is he going?" Fred interrupted coldly.

  The middle-aged man's mouth twitched, his smile was awkward, and his eyes were evasive: "Advisor Joshua has been working for the empire to maintain interstellar peace. The prince of Lapule said that he would not embarrass him. Admiral, you should be happy. This is a great thing that brings honor to the family."

  Fred was immediately furious, his voice was as loud as the roar of a beast: "Joshua will not leave the Imperial Star, don't let me see you again, get out!"

  The two young and energetic reporters were startled by Fred's words, and they looked completely different from the momentum they had just shown when they rushed to the gate. In the Empire, everyone knew the dashing young admiral, and everyone had seen what would happen to those who angered Fred.

  The middle-aged man hunched his body again, and said tactfully: "Okay, okay, Admiral Frederick, don't get excited, we'll leave right away, we'll leave right away." Three figures quickly flashed out of sight.

  Fred ordered Jaden in a cold voice: "Send more people to guard downstairs and don't let anyone disturb Joshua." Jaden took the order and went to the side to prepare to send more people.

  Logan looked at Fred from the side, pushed his glasses thoughtfully, and briskly pushed the door into the ward. Fred followed behind him with a frown.

  However, when the man's peripheral vision caught the gaze from inside the room, a pair of red eyes filled with sadness made him deliberately avoid looking into his eyes. His feet felt as heavy as cast lead, so heavy that he could hardly take a step.