2.12 - Scramble

Qi Yu: "Please help me locate a few buildings that have major construction hazards recently."

  996: "Yes, sir!"

  Qi Yu picked out the most dangerous one from the 996 candidates, and wandered around the street in a daze, like a child who suddenly lost his home and didn't know where to go, hiding himself aimlessly in the darkness.

  He didn't know how long he had been walking, but suddenly a strong wind blew, bringing with it the fragrance of soil and the taste of freedom of nature, which somehow soothed the young man's lonely heart a little.

  He stopped and looked around, trying to find the source of the smell, but a shout from a distance that was getting closer attracted his attention.

  Hmm? What is that person yelling?

  Qi Yu looked up in the direction the person pointed and noticed something approaching overhead. The glass curtains were falling so fast that no one could dodge them when they were seen clearly. The boy suddenly opened his eyes wide and instinctively raised his hand to try to block it, but he was no match for the huge impact of the glass and was knocked to the ground.

  The moment the tempered glass plate covered with snowflakes touched Qi Yu, it instantly exploded in the air. Countless flying glass fragments turned into sharp blades, enveloping the boy like a rainstorm, invading and cutting every inch of his skin.

  Some scattered debris fell directly from high altitude onto nearby cars, creating huge dents on the roofs.

  Qi Yu lay on his back in a sea of ​​blood with a look of pain on his face. He felt the surroundings becoming increasingly noisy. Liquid seeped into his vision, making the night sky seem to have turned dark red. The piercing pain burned his whole body. As time passed, his consciousness gradually became dull and he fell into a painless and unconscious dream.

  Soon, Yu Shiyuan arrived nearby.

  There were crunching glass shards all over his feet, and his attention was immediately drawn to the glaring pool of blood. He took two steps forward anxiously and saw a human figure vaguely surrounded by broken glass. The blood drops on the ground extended all the way to the entrance of the building not far away, which was surrounded by people.

  He rushed into the crowd in disbelief and panic, and threw himself in front of the bloody man regardless of the building security's obstruction. If he had not seen the men he sent were also here, he would not have been able to distinguish the appearance of the boy from the bloody figure.

  The little bit of skin that was exposed on the boy looked extremely pale against the backdrop of the blood. The visual impact of seeing the boy lying in a pool of blood, dying, made Yu Shiyuan's head buzz.

  It was clear that not long ago, the boy still had the energy to lose his temper with him, but how could it become like this in the blink of an eye?! Could it be that the boy deliberately punished him and cruelly left him with a miserable and cold corpse.

  The subordinate beside him lowered his head, clenched his fists tightly, and choked up as he complained to the man: "Boss Yu, I'm sorry, it's all my fault for not keeping a close eye on Young Master Tang..."

  Yu Shiyuan seemed to have not heard anything. Qi Yu was the only one in his eyes and heart. He kept repeating in a panic: "No, no, you will be fine..."

  It seemed that the power of words of encouragement alone was not enough, and he suddenly wanted to hold the boy in his arms. However, his outstretched hand trembled and hung in the air for a long time. The bloody man had no intact skin, and the wounds almost all over his body made it difficult for him to start.