5.9 - The past

"Eh? How did you get in?"

  The researcher put down the equipment in his hands, his eyes full of helplessness. After all, if he continued, even a strong man would fail, and there would be no more antibodies to extract. It is understandable that they pursue more profits, but why kill the goose that lays the eggs?

  "Neil, I didn't lie to you. You've already seen the man. He's thin and anemic. It will take more than a day or two to reach the number you proposed... How about you ask your superiors? Give him a few more days?"

  Even the professionals said so, so Neil did not refuse. He glanced at Qi Yu and stepped out of the room to contact the senior management.

  Seth's eyes had never left the boy since he entered the room. He even reconstructed everything the boy had experienced in his mind, including how he desperately resisted and then slowly became unable to compromise...

  This happened less than 24 hours after they entered the base.

  Qi Yu's tightly closed eyes were covered with tear marks, his brows were slightly wrinkled, and he looked extremely painful.

  The pain seemed to be contagious, slowly seeping into Seth's iron heart, gathering into an extremely thin thread, tightening around the man's heart.

  Seth remembered that the timid boy had often been frightened and cried, huddled in a corner and trembling, but every time he saw him, his crystal tears would stop in time, and his eyes would be full of trust and hope.

  But now, everything has changed...

  I became the source of pain for the boy.

  Under the surveillance of the organization, he stood aside with an expressionless face. Even though he felt distressed, he could not help the boy, even if he just wiped away the tears from his eyes. Because people whose memories have been erased will not have any connection with this world, let alone have emotions.

  Ever since he discovered that his heart was strong enough to withstand the organization's memory cleansing, he has completely hidden his heart. However, this disguise has now become a shackle preventing him from becoming a teenager.

  The man felt a deep sense of powerlessness in his heart, and emotions of guilt and pity grew stronger. The strange emotions were strongly intertwined, leaving him standing there in a daze.

  I don't know how long it took,

  The boy's eyelashes trembled a few times, and he slowly opened his eyes tiredly. His empty eyes were unfocused, like a pool of stagnant water, staring into the empty distance without moving, as if he could no longer see hope...

  !!!

  Seth's heart suddenly tightened...

  The boy in his impression was clearly not like this.

  As if he was aware of Seth's presence, Qi Yu's eyes were blurred with tears.

  Sudden,

  The moment the young man saw the man clearly, his eyes suddenly widened, and his thin body burst out with a huge strength that was contrary to it. He ignored the scars covered with blood scabs on his hands and feet, and struggled desperately to escape backwards. The iron chains that fixed his limbs made a sharp sound of metal hitting each other.

  "Ah—"

  Qi Yu let out a heart-wrenching scream.

  Seth looked at everything in front of him in shock, his heart was shaken violently. The boy's dodging and the fear and defensiveness in his eyes hurt the man's nerves.