5.15 - Separation

Michael was unable to dodge and was pushed several meters away by the huge impact, with blood immediately flowing from the corner of his mouth.

  Qi Yu was firmly protected by Seth and did not suffer any injury. He felt a heat wave sweeping across his back, and the scorching temperature was about to burn him instantly.

  "Are you okay?" Seth frowned and asked Qi Yu, his expression unable to hide his worry. Qi Yu was originally very scared, but he didn't want the man to worry, so he pretended to be strong and shook his head.

  After confirming that the boy was fine, Seth looked around with his sharp eyes and found Michael struggling to get up three meters behind him. He raised his hand and threw a submachine gun he had grabbed from the car, and shouted urgently: "I'll lead the other party away, you protect him and escape."

  As soon as he finished speaking, the man disappeared like lightning, moving quickly among the abandoned cargo boxes and debris piles at the dock, like a bullet shot out of a gun, making it impossible to see where he was going, and people could only chase his fleeting shadow.

  At the same time, a series of thrilling gunshots sounded behind him.

  "Seth—"

  Qi Yu desperately stretched out his arm in the direction where the man was leaving, trying to keep him, but his palm only caught a ball of air. Michael stood up and remembered Seth's entrustment, and pulled the boy behind a huge container not far away, and said nervously.

  "If my guess is correct, the organization should have sent other assassins to hunt me down. Seth is not their target, so he should be fine. The other party is not sure how many people there are. If you go out rashly, it will distract Seth. Don't worry, don't you still not believe in his strength?"

  "!!!"

  Qi Yu was enlightened by Michael's words. It was not before he had seen a man being brave and heroic.

  Yeah...he should trust the man.

  But, but...

  What is more terrifying than the brute force and rotten zombies is the greedy and vicious heart of human beings.

  Thinking of the danger the man might face, Qi Yu's eyes suddenly turned red, and he barely held back his tears. No matter how strong the man was, he couldn't eliminate his worries. He couldn't help but speak, with a hint of begging in his tone: "Michael, can you go and help him?"

  "..."

  Michael held the boy's hands calmly, his eyes shining with determination: "If I protect you and make him feel at ease, it will be the greatest help to him." As he said that, he took out a piece of candy from his pocket and stuffed it into Qi Yu's hand.

  "When you are nervous, eat something sweet and you will feel better."

  Qi Yu looked down and saw a piece of hard candy lying in his palm. He was startled and quickly looked up at Michael. A distant memory flashed through his mind like an electric current. The familiar scene made him worry about Seth and add a layer of complicated emotions.

  It was as if the scenes I had seen in dreams had also happened in reality.

  At this time,

  There was a hail of bullets between the cargo boxes, and a black shadow flashed like lightning.

  Seth kept changing positions, luring the enemy to attack continuously. The "tat-tat" sound of the machine gun made people's scalps numb. In the man's hawk-like eyes, two shots were enough to accurately lock the enemy's hiding place.