【World 3】His Majesty's Abandoned Son

3.1 - It's freezing cold

  Under the gaze of the civil and military officials, Qi Yu calmly followed Qi Yunhong towards the depths of the palace. However, how could such a huge palace be reached by just walking a few steps?

  After a period of silence, 996 finally asked out of curiosity.

  "Senior, why did those senior officials look at you with such strange expressions just now?" Some people expressed their surprise with a hint of pity, while others pretended to be sympathetic but could not hide the gloating that was about to overflow from their eyes.

  Qi Yu did not reply immediately. After a long while, he patiently analyzed the situation: "The emperor will hold a banquet at the Ministry of Rites three days after summoning the newly-qualified Jinshi candidates. However, His Majesty did not follow the routine and was eager to invite me alone. Something must be wrong when things are out of the ordinary..."

  996's tone became excited, his eyes sparkling: "The emperor is our target for this mission!"

  "Yeah, very good."

  Just now, Qi Yu searched Ying Youchen's childhood memories, and found a past in which he had a sincere relationship with the current emperor. However, as time passed, the childhood playmate became the emperor and his subject, and the Grand Tutor's confusing case stood in the way, making the relationship between the two more subtle...

  "996, go to the system warehouse and see what new items have been updated in this upgrade?" Different from other backgrounds in modern society, the system occasionally provides some auxiliary tools to facilitate the host to enter a special world.

  996 went back to the system warehouse and looked around: "Senior, the latest ones are Classical Beauty Filter, Traditional Etiquette Guide, Selection of Tang and Song Poems, Self-cultivation of Concubines, and Illustrated Book of Secret History between Emperors of All Dynasties and Their Male Favorites."

  "..."

  After going through so many world missions, it was the first time that Qi Yu knew that there were all kinds of books in the main system space. He frowned slightly and said, "...turn on the filters and guides."

  996: "Okay, senior!"

  For a moment, Qi Yu felt that the color of his court robes had become a little brighter, and the skin on his hands seemed to glow softly. There was nothing abrupt about it, as if it was natural. However, it was more attractive than before, and made people feel comfortable from the bottom of their hearts when looking at it.

  Presumably, appearance is even more important.

  The props in the third level difficulty world seem to be quite effective. Maybe the next few... can be used occasionally.

  A gust of cold wind blew by, so cold that he couldn't help but shiver slightly.

  Not long after, Qi Yu stepped over the threshold and was led into an ancient and elegant room.

  Along the way, he was in a heavy heart. He never thought that he would meet the young man he once regarded as a confidant again. The young man had become the emperor, and was the emperor who cold-bloodedly sentenced his grandfather to prison.

  With a "bang".

  The hollow carved wooden door closed behind him, pulling him back from his thoughts and blocking out the severe cold outside. The scattered sunlight shone on his body, making him feel warm, but it could never reach his heart. The overflowing aroma of rice penetrated into his nose and was inhaled into his lungs, but it could not fill the empty space in his chest.