4.6 - Playing Hard to Get

It was the first time that Zhan Li saw Qi Yu's angry expression and he was slightly stunned.

  He originally thought that the soft and submissive Qi Yu would still half-heartedly accept his passionate offensive as before. After all, both of them had done everything that should and should not happen, and deepening their relationship in form was just a matter of course.

  Omega's soft rejection is usually to cater to Alpha's desire to conquer, but he didn't expect Qi Yu to reject him so bluntly. But this also gave Zhan Li the opportunity to discover that Qi Yu looked charming even when he was angry and frowned.

  Refreshed cognition stimulates greater interest in men.

  "I'm sorry, I was abrupt."

  Zhan Li slowly let go of Qi Yu's hand, restrained his movements and tone, and was no longer as aggressive as before. If he wanted the other party to leave Zhan Boyan willingly and follow him, he had to be careful about the method and not rush it.

  After all, although this Omega is weak in power, he is strong enough inside. Once he determines something, it is likely to be difficult to change it from the outside. If he wants to create a breakthrough, he must first slowly cultivate a trusting relationship.

  Otherwise, even if you use force to take it away, the fun will be ruined and the experience will be gone.

  "I... really want to be good to you, and I feel that my waiting for you is not worth it."

  Zhan Li said seriously, his expression revealing regret and unwillingness.

  Seeing the other party's sincere attitude, Qi Yu couldn't bear to blame him too much. Feelings are something that is hard to explain. Perhaps it was his words and actions from the beginning to the end that caused the other party to misunderstand him.

  Thinking back to that day, I was alone drinking late at night, my collar was unbuttoned and had threads hanging from it, and my alcohol tolerance was not good to begin with but I failed to control it in time...all these details piled up and more or less contributed to the incident.

  There is really no need to worry about who is right or wrong.

  "Thank you for your kindness, but I'm sorry, I can't accept your feelings. Let's just... forget it."

  This was the best outcome he could imagine for the two of them.

  Qi Yu quietly waited for the other party's answer. The room was silent late at night. The young Alpha sat on the sofa with his head down and his fingers crossed, looking very depressed.

  No one would feel good about being rejected on their birthday. But cut off your hopes before the two of you develop any deeper. After a while, maybe you can become just ordinary friends again when the other person calms down.

  Time keeps passing, but it seems to be stagnant in the room.

  Until the sudden ringing of the doorbell broke the silence.

  It was room service that came to deliver the food. Qi Yu closed the door of the restaurant when he left. He walked to the entrance and saw the golden three-layer food delivery cart filled with all kinds of exquisite and delicious dishes. He thanked the waiter and pushed the cart directly to the restaurant.

  Then he placed the dishes on Zhan Li's table like coaxing a child: "You must be hungry, eat something first."

  Zhan Li did not refuse and ate slowly. After finishing a table of food and a piece of cake, he celebrated his birthday completely. However, Qi Yu could still feel the occasional prying eyes from the other party.