Rebirth: 18

A pure white Porsche was speeding on the road away from the city center.

  The silent low pressure in the car will give people a subtle feeling of suffocation.

  Qin Mu frowned, put his elbows on the edge of the car window and then put them down again. He rubbed his temples and tapped the steering wheel repeatedly and quickly with his fingertips.

  The straight road in front of me was dripping with rain, and there was no end in sight.

  Qin Mu took out a cigarette box from his pocket and shook it, then habitually took out half a cigarette with his mouth. After a moment, he seemed to realize something and loosened his mouth, silently stuffing the cigarette box back into his pocket.

  Not long after, the silence was broken by the vibration of the cell phone. It was Jiang Yuhuai asking him if he knew Qi Yu's whereabouts.

  After hanging up the phone, Qin Mu's emotions, which had been suppressed for a long time, finally burst out.

  "Oh my dear, my dear aunt! You are trying to kill me. I can already imagine your husband coming after me with a gun after he finds out that I took you away."

  As Qin Mu spoke, the hairs on his arms stood up instantly. The scene was so real that it seemed as if he had really experienced it there.

  Qi Yu sat in the passenger seat, looking at the rain curtain outside the window, his tone was indifferent and no emotion could be heard: "I told him not to come to me, and this is my own decision, he won't do anything to you. Besides, isn't he still helping you get promoted to a higher position to deal with your brother?"

  Qin Mu spoke even more quickly after hearing this: "He went to such great lengths to deal with Qin Jiang and didn't want me to be affected. It was because he cared about your feelings. In the last life, without you, he would have wiped out the entire Qin family. Do you think he really likes me?"

  "..."

  Qi Yu did not answer immediately. He lowered his head and pondered for a moment. Then he murmured softly: "If they are all wiped out, it would not be bad..." because that was their predetermined fate.

  Qin Mu heard clearly what Qi Yu said, and his forehead was suddenly covered with thick black lines.

  What?

  Is this what they are discussing now?!

  He didn't know since when he had lost track of what was going on in Qi Yu's mind. The two had known each other for such a long time, and even if he couldn't guess each other's thoughts 100%, he could probably tell a lot from the other's eyes.

  The only thing Qin Mu was sure of at this moment was,

  If love can make people lose their minds, Qi Yu is definitely almost terminally ill.

  Just an hour ago, he received a call from Qi Yu. Holding up the phone, he listened to the voice on the other end asking him incoherently and chokingly if there was any place where he could hide temporarily so that Jiang Yuhuai couldn't find him.

  Qin Mu had never heard Qi Yu sound so sad, so he quickly put down his work and rushed to the door of Jiang's villa.

  Along the way, Qi Yu seemed to finally have someone he could talk to, and he kept telling him about his inner struggles.

  Qi Yu's behavior of being reluctant to leave Jiang Yuhuai but insisting on leaving secretly made a straight man like Qin Mu, who was made of reinforced concrete, have unprecedented huge doubts about the understanding of feelings.