2.5 - Tit-for-tat

Qi Yu's heart, which had been hanging in the air, suddenly felt a suffocating and weightless fall. Yu Shiyuan said that he was going to meet the girl with the sweet voice soon.

  The happy voice coming from the other party through the receiver intensified the strong bitterness spreading in the boy's heart.

  Even if Qi Yu was shaken inside, he just lowered his head silently, clasped his hands tightly together, and dared not ask questions or doubt. He couldn't even ask the simplest question between lovers, such as who the other person is.

  It is irresponsible to doubt a man's loyalty to a relationship based on a single sentence without any context. If you allow this emotion to grow unchecked, they will be filled with all kinds of suspicion.

  Then wouldn't his four years of waiting and patience during this period be meaningless?

  No, this won't work...

  Perhaps it was the man's ever-changing attitude that made him start to waver and worry. But the man's behavior had hardly changed since the day he first met him, so he should control his emotions and stop being suspicious.

  Yu Shiyuan no longer paid attention to the boy's complex psychological changes. He stepped on the accelerator and a roar sounded. The low-key yet gorgeous sports car disappeared at the end of the street and drove towards the place agreed with the president of Wanfeng.

  In a cruel world where profit is everything, men know the importance of using both kindness and severity. While he is in a good mood, he doesn't mind playing the role of a loving couple with Qi Yu occasionally.

  But if the greedy boy has inappropriate thoughts, he will make the other party face up to his own identity.

  Chasing the wind and lightning all the way, the sports car stopped in front of the magnificent high-end hotel.

  Qi Yu looked at another world that was completely unknown to him and finally couldn't help but say, "Then... I'll go back first." He didn't want to see the scenes he had imagined at all.

  Suddenly, a figure blocked the neon lights in front. It was Yu Shiyuan's broad chest pressing aggressively in front of him. At the same time, the man quickly held down his hand that was trying to open the door. The narrow space made people notice the man's deep eyes that seemed to be trying to keep him.

  Qi Yu's heart beat faster involuntarily, but the depressed emotions in his chest made him instinctively want to escape from this confinement.

  "Shi Yuan..." Qi Yu wanted to insist on leaving, but the man's hot palm touched his cheek and his thumb stroked his lips, making him unable to speak any more.

  "Remember to call me Mr. Yu when you get in. Don't say anything you shouldn't. Just treat it as part of your job. Any questions?"

  The man did not give the boy a chance to refuse. Since it was work, Qi Yu, as an assistant, had no reason to leave the president alone. The boy could only nod obediently and follow the man to the luxurious banquet hall deep inside the hotel.

  The hotel manager took the two to the location and left politely.

  As soon as you enter the banquet hall, you can see on the huge red screen in the center that the theme of this banquet is to celebrate the successful listing of the overseas companies acquired by Wanfeng Real Estate in the United States.

  In the high-end Western-style banquet hall, celebrities from all over the country gathered. In addition to leaders from all walks of life in the business and political circles, there were also some celebrity artists that even Qi Yu was familiar with.