3.9 - Framed

Huai Hao's sharp and cold gaze moved across the little eunuch like the tip of a knife. Eavesdropping on the emperor's political discussions was a capital crime.

  When Qi Yunhong saw that it was Xiao Xianzi, his heart instantly rose to his throat. Based on his understanding of Xiao Xianzi, he knew that the other party did not mean it, and hurriedly scolded him: "How can you be a servant, you idiot? I told you to serve in the side hall, what are you doing here alone!"

  Xiao Xianzi was so frightened that she shivered for a moment, then quickly replied, "To reply to Eunuch Qi, the bead of the knot that Master Ying wore close to his body broke, and he has been worried all day, and has lost his appetite. I, this servant wants to find the jade bead back to make Master happy."

  "Have you found the jade bead?" Qi Yunhong asked sternly.

  "I found it behind the screen. Your Majesty, please take a look." Xiao Xianzi knelt on the ground with his head lowered, his palms facing up, holding the jade beads high into the air.

  Qi Yunhong stepped forward and saw that there was indeed a round jade bead lying in his palm. He breathed a sigh of relief, then returned to Huai Hao and advised: "Your Majesty, you see this little virtuous boy is reckless, but he is also very loyal to you. The cloth in front of his knees is worn out."

  Huai Hao turned his eyes and found that what Qi Yunhong said was true. It seemed that Xiao Xianzi had been looking for quite a while. Although he was clumsy, he was really caring for Qi Yu. If he was dragged out and beheaded rashly, Qi Yu would not be able to see him when he came back. I am afraid that his mental illness would be aggravated. He should be handled with caution.

  The man thought for a moment and said: "Drag him out and give him twenty strokes of the cane." It can be considered a light punishment but a great warning.

  Xiao Xianzi knelt on the ground tremblingly to express his gratitude.

  Huai Hao returned to his original thoughts and now needed to decide as soon as possible how to deal with Lin Maoshi.

  Qi Yu's leniency towards him did not earn him gratitude, but instead led to his own death. Desperate villains often fail to learn to be kind, and will desperately seek help from all directions, foolishly enough to be exploited by those with ulterior motives.

  Fortunately, Qi Yu has been living in the palace recently, and the guards are tight, so the other party can't do anything. Huai Hao said in a light tone: "Qi Yunhong, send Yun Zhao to wait at Lin Maoshi's house, and let him drink the wine that Ji Ce sent to him."

  When Qi Yunhong heard the name mentioned by Huai Hao, he knew that it was a serious matter and did not dare to delay for a moment. He immediately took the order and went out to arrange it personally.

  In the corridor far away from the emperor's palace, Xiao Xianzi's buttocks were torn apart by the bean-sized beads of sweat falling from his chin to the ground, and his lips were pale. At this moment, he didn't care about the pain in his body at all, he just wanted to find Qi Yu and tell him that his life was in danger.

  But after he had dragged his body less than ten meters, he saw Qi Yu getting into a prepared sedan chair in front of the palace gate in the distance.

  "!!!"

  Xiao Xianzi suddenly opened her eyes wide, lay on the ground with her five fingers stretched forward and wanted to shout, but when she opened her mouth, she found that her voice was hoarse from crying, and she could only make a mosquito-like sound by stretching her neck.

  "Don't, don't leave the palace..." There is danger outside the palace...

  But he and Qi Yu were too far apart, too far away. With his eyes blurred by tears, he could only watch the sedan chair swaying as it moved further and further away outside the palace...