4.19 - Revenge!

When there is still room for turning around, Zhan Li will not give up any possibility.

  He compiled Qi Yu's latest situation into an email overnight and sent it to the overseas expert he had contacted at the beginning. The time difference between the two countries meant that he received a reply from the other party not long after.

  In order to give Qi Yu a chance to recover, he took the initiative to donate all his JIS shares as a thank you gift. Considering JIS's local reputation and strength, this is not something that can be easily refused.

  The expert doesn't care about this. Money can't buy life. Only the miracle of life can arouse his strong interest.

  Qi Yu happened to be that miracle. The two parties agreed that three days later, on the day when the Omega Medical Seminar held in the capital ended, the expert would bring his team to contact their city hospital to gain an in-depth understanding of the patient's condition and study targeted treatment plans.

  The expert's promise was like a shot of adrenaline, planting the seed of hope in Zhan Li's heart.

  After he calmed down and returned to the ward, he learned that the doctor's operation had come to an end ahead of schedule.

  "The patient is still in a coma due to the anesthesia, but he is fine now. Please keep quiet when you go in. We have tried our best to save his reproductive cavity, but unfortunately we couldn't keep the baby. When the patient wakes up, family members remember to be patient and persuade him..."

  Zhan Li knew that Qi Yu had suffered a lot for him and caused a lot of trouble for the doctor. It was a blessing in disguise that he was fine. He couldn't help but hold the doctor's hands gratefully: "Thank you, thank you very much... When he is discharged from the hospital, we must treat you to a good meal."

  "No need," the doctor simply rejected his offer, adding, "This is what we should do."

  The doctor had spent too much energy and time on the operation, and he had other things to do, so Zhan Li didn't dwell on it for the moment and nodded in acceptance.

  When the doctor was about to leave, he seemed to remember something and took two steps forward, asking with a painful and embarrassed look on his face: "Doctor... I want to see the child, can I?"

  The doctor looked at the handsome and tall Alpha in front of him. He could imagine how high he was in his career. But now he exuded a decadent and resentful temperament, and his tone was as low as dust. The doctor realized that he was just a poor father who had just lost his own flesh and blood.

  According to regulations, fetuses that fail to survive will be incinerated in hospitals and must not be handed over to patients or their families. But if you just take a look...

  "Xiao Liu," the doctor called the nurse who had been following him, "You take him there."

  "Yes, Director."

  After getting permission, a glimmer of light suddenly appeared in Zhan Li's sad eyes: "Thank you! Thank you!" Then he hurriedly followed the nurse into the ward.

  There were other nurses doing the final cleanup in the ward. Qi Yu was lying on the bed with his eyes closed, with tears almost dried in the corners of his eyes. On the shelf beside the bed were the surgical trays that had not been disposed of in time.

  Nurse Xiao Liu pointed at the tray sympathetically, with a look of regret on her face: "Here it is... It's a healthy and lovely boy."

  He fell silent as he uttered the last word, thinking that such a description seemed too cruel for a father who had lost his child.