5.11 - Desperate

After the supply truck left the organization's surveillance range, Michael made quite a noise in the car. The driver got out and opened the door to confirm and was instantly controlled.

  Fearing that the driver might break free and cause harm to Qi Yu who was still unconscious, Michael tied him tightly in the passenger seat.

  After driving for about two or three hours and leaving the desert, the driver was dropped off at the entrance of a civilian shelter along the way.

  The pink truck was too eye-catching, so Michael carefully selected a spacious private car instead.

  Qi Yu was half hanging on by a shot of special medicine Benjamin injected before he left. His tightly closed thin lips showed a slight blood color, and his body functions slowly recovered. His almost broken immune system gradually improved, and the continued coma gave the young man enough time to rest.

  Also repaired was the boy's shattered memory...

  He slept for three days and three nights.

  More than a decade ago, the news was full of reports of missing children across the country, and millions of parents lived in fear every day.

  Qi Yu's parents were busy with work, and his daily life was taken care of by his aunt. One day on the way to kindergarten, in the blink of an eye, Qi Yu became one of the hundreds of lost children.

  There were no warm beds or dolls, but instead a cold and small room, with constant cries of their peers all around. The scary white coats would come every day with cold faces, holding extra-long syringes to inject them with various medicines.

  A coded chip is implanted behind their necks to record all their information.

  The underground research organization had just developed a virus that could make people lose their minds and become like walking corpses without decaying or dying. They urgently needed a carrier that could not be infected and withstand their next experiment. The experimental subjects were the children who were stolen one by one in the news.

  As their friends were taken away one by one and never returned, some older children were caught after escaping, and would be injected with the virus and turned into monsters before being beaten to death in front of their companions.

  Having witnessed death and cruelty since childhood, even the bright and cheerful boy gradually became timid and cowardly, hiding in a corner all day without saying a word.

  I don't know whether it was luck or misfortune, but No. 426 eventually became the person the research organization was looking for...

  He survived.

  Then they began to endure even more inhumane treatment.

  In order to prevent No. 426 from having mental problems and causing additional trouble at work, they frequently erased his memory to reduce his pain. The effect lasted from one year at the beginning to half a year, and finally could only last three days, otherwise he would slowly remember the covered-up memories of the past.

  They tried every possible way to artificially replicate antibody 426, but after ten years, all their efforts were in vain.

  Finally, due to a mistake made by the experimenter, he did not pay attention to the wound on his arm before going home and failed to inject antibody No. 426 in time, which brought the end of the world ahead of time.

  ...

  After a period of violent shaking, Qi Yu slowly opened his eyes. Before he could see the surrounding situation clearly, he first covered his chest and retched for a while, but his dry stomach was unable to vomit...