3.11 - Help

Day after day...

  Seven days have passed since I was imprisoned.

  Qi Yu fell weakly in the corner, looking pale. He had just been tied to a wooden frame and whipped. The long whip soaked in salt water lashed his body, leaving shocking red scars. The thick salt water seeped into his flesh, like countless worms gnawing at his flesh and blood and desperately drilling into his bones.

  It makes people unable to live or die.

  Although his body could still endure all kinds of torture, Qi Yu's heart was even more painful...

  At first, he was worried that if Huai Hao couldn't find him, he would fly into a rage and take it out on Xiao Xianzi, making things difficult for the civil and military officials. However, as time passed, after seven days of waiting, Qi Yu's hope gradually faded.

  The man hasn't come to him yet...

  He couldn't even hear a word from the other person, and he felt like he had been abandoned and forgotten by the man.

  Qi Yu had never been so eager for someone to appear. It was not because he wanted the other person to save him from danger, but because he was simply confused and entangled. Did Huai Hao completely forget about him...

  Slowly, hope turned into anxiety.

  Perhaps the emperor had already known about the false accusation against him, but the other party was not at all affected. Instead, he was shaken by the previous rumors and wanted to take this opportunity to abandon him and let him fend for himself.

  ...

  No, it won't.

  The Huai Hao he knew was not a heartless person. Every bit of their love was sincere and genuine. When he recalled the man's care for him, it was extremely gentle and touching.

  Perhaps his whereabouts were deliberately covered up, making Huai Hao's search for him fruitless. Or maybe the man was just busy with state affairs and didn't realize that he was framed and imprisoned. After all, he left a letter in his own hand when he left the palace.

  Qi Yu frowned slightly, struggling inwardly but searching in vain. The severe pain in his body made him faint and fall asleep. Two crystal tear marks hung in his red eyes. He looked miserable and haggard, which was heartbreaking.

  Far away in Huai Hao's study in the imperial palace, the eunuchs serving the emperor were kneeling on the ground.

  When Qi Yunhong got the news about Yun Zhao and rushed back, he saw that the memorials on the table were simply divided into several piles, not as meticulous as before. He made up his mind: "Your Majesty, please calm down. The young eunuchs are not well-educated and cannot be as meticulous and detailed as Lord Ying."

  Huai Hao slowly raised his eyes and glanced at Qi Yunhong coldly, as if warning him to do his job well and not have any other useless thoughts. Then he remembered the news he might have to report, so he simply raised his hand and waved, sending the frightened little eunuch away.

  "What did Yun Zhao find out?"

  Huai Hao spoke in a calm tone, and his gaze returned to the memorial spread out on the desk.

  "Your Majesty, ever since leaving the capital with the Grand Tutor, Master Ying has devoted himself to learning, living in seclusion and rarely making friends with others. The ones he occasionally sees are nothing more than students who come to visit the Grand Tutor."

  In other words, he didn't know any royal princes, and he couldn't even meet the sons of court officials. This was in line with the impression Qi Yu had left on him from beginning to end, and Huai Hao was not surprised by this.