3.13 - Deceiving the King

The emperor's sudden angry rebuke frightened everyone present to their knees.

  Qi Yunhong explained timidly: "After the imperial physician confirmed that Lord Ying had passed away, he couldn't bear to see him leave covered in dirt and blood, so he fetched water to wipe him, but when he came back, he found that he was gone."

  The prison is heavily guarded, and it is not easy to make a completely unconscious person disappear out of thin air.

  Huai Hao clenched his fists tightly, struggling to fight against the surging emotions: "Go! Ask Yun Zhao to send a few more people to search for Ying Youchen's whereabouts all night long."

  He must find the person alive or dead, even if he has to turn the capital upside down!

  His whole head was buzzing, his pulse was throbbing in his temple, and a strong and uncontrollable panic surged in his heart, making him at a loss and completely confused.

  As the emperor, he couldn't even protect the people he wanted to protect. The man felt unprecedented frustration. And Qi Yu's end step by step was the result of his indifference along the way.

  There were so many opportunities to easily stop this...

  There are so many people in this vast sea of ​​people that I don't even know if I can see him for the last time.

  Perhaps, without him knowing, Qi Yu had already hated him. Otherwise, why would he not want to see him again even after he died and became a corpse...

  [Congratulations to the host for successfully completing the plot "Escape Plan", the current completion rate has reached 87%, and the reward bonus is 53687091200 points. Please keep up the good work~]

  Qi Yu ended his boring seven-day jail sentence and welcomed a three-day wonderful holiday of lying down.

  He realized early on that he was still a long way from completing the mission. It was not time to leave this world yet, so he held the poisoned wine until 996 checked the surveillance and confirmed that the wine was non-toxic, and then he drank it without any burden.

  Sure enough, the heroic fake death promoted the development of the plot, helped Huai Hao escape the fate of being forced to abdicate, and also provided assistance in eradicating the treacherous party in the future, forcing Ji Ce to rebel.

  Next, he only needs to drag his sick body and soul, and die of depression on the day of the emperor's wedding. Maintaining his infatuated character until the end, he can easily complete the last task!

  However, after experiencing two worlds, there were more or less some deviations from what he had expected, so Qi Yu decided to make preparations for both scenarios.

  Qi Yu slowly opened his eyes at the right moment and saw Mu Zixin looking at him with joy and fatigue. It was not difficult to judge his recent mental state from his dark eye sockets and bloodshot eye sockets.

  "Don't move." Mu Zixin stopped him softly with concern, and carefully placed his fingers on Qi Yu's shoulders. "The wound has finally healed a little, don't accidentally tear it open again."

  The cold weather aggravated his old leg injuries. Shocking wounds accumulated on his body, leaving not a single piece of intact skin. Dislocated, swollen joints and torn whip marks overlapped, showing how much pain he had endured during the long seven days that ordinary people could not imagine...

  Fortunately, everything is over, and from now on Qi Yu will be protected by him.

  "You must be hungry. I'll ask the kitchen to make some porridge."