Rebirth: 10

996 saw Qi Yu's unusually exaggerated expression and immediately dug his toes into the soles of his shoes.

  Qi Yu deliberately let the surprise stay on his face for half a second before switching to a smile that pretended to be calm: "...Did the discussion go smoothly?"

  Jiang Yuhuai stared at Qi Yu calmly, then moved his gaze to the table and landed on his daily water cup.

  There was a flash of unnatural nervousness in Qi Yu's eyes. He looked down and found that after the man appeared, his wrist seemed to tremble involuntarily, and a little white powder fell on the table.

  This is too careless...

  at the same time,

  The tall and straight figure of the man gradually approached, with an aura of majesty without even being angry. The clear and rhythmic tapping sound of his leather shoes hitting the ground was chilling.

  As the distance between the two men shortened, the sound of Qi Yu's heartbeat became clearer and clearer. He thought the man would angrily grab his wrist like a criminal and show him no mercy in front of the secretary at the door.

  However, Jiang Yuhuai stopped in front of him, slowly picked up the water glass without any unnecessary movements, and asked in a low voice a question that went straight to the soul.

  "What did you add to my water?"

  It was clearly a question, but spoken in the man's serious and cold tone, it was like a death sentence for him.

  Qi Yu suddenly felt a chill on his back.

  "Just... some ordinary vitamins." He looked away subconsciously, feeling guilty as if someone had exposed some shameful evil.

  The man asked, "Is that all?"

  Qi Yu couldn't deny that he was really nervous at this moment, but there was no reason to give up halfway after making a decision. He raised his head and looked directly into the man's eyes, then said "hmm" and nodded slightly.

  Faced with Qi Yu's efforts to cover up, Jiang Yuhuai did not hesitate for a moment. He suddenly tilted his head back and drank most of the liquid in the cup that had been spiked with something.

  "?!!"

  Qi Yu opened his eyes wide and was too late to stop it.

  What should I do? What should I do?

  The man actually drank it?!

  If we drag this man to emergency department for gastric lavage now, will the impact of the medicine be minimized?

  However, due to his position as an offender, Qi Yu had no choice but to restrain himself.

  The man's unexpected and shocking behavior left him at a loss for what to do for a moment. He could only stand stiffly in the spot, letting the myriad thoughts in his mind become a mess.

  Could this be...

  Is this a fate that the character can never escape?

  A man must have a strong willpower to endure the hellish pain in order to overcome all difficulties and be reborn into Nirvana?

  Then, is it meaningless that I have gone to so much trouble to be reborn?

  The cruel reality that had been determined made Qi Yu fall into the intense pain that had troubled him for a long time again, and he was wrapped in a deep sense of powerlessness. He kept thinking back to the guilt and self-blame he felt in his heart when he first gained the ability of empathy.