Rebirth: 16

Qi Yu's lower back was pressed tightly against the back of the chair, his muscles were stiff and tense, his fingertips gripping the edge of the table were white, and thoughts flashed through his mind like lightning.

  The flickering flames kept getting closer amid screams in the distance.

  His heart seemed to be about to burst through his throat in the next second, and the temperature suddenly soared, and the boiling blood rushed wildly in his body. The heavy breath of death rushed towards him, suddenly draining the surrounding air, and the impact distorted his vision.

  Suddenly,

  Relax your arms as you do this.

  Qi Yu calmly closed his eyes, as if ready to face the raging fire that would burn him.

  My vision instantly turned into darkness, and I could listen attentively to the extraordinary tranquility of the world at this moment.

  If this is the inevitable ending...

  A moment!

  The window glass beside me made a loud "crashing" sound, and at the same time, the noisy roar outside became unusually clear.

  The expected burning and pain did not come.

  Qi Yu suddenly opened his eyes and found that it was Qin Mu who stopped the lit lighter in time. At this moment, he was holding a wooden chair in one hand and holding it across in front of him to block the woman from approaching.

  The lighter that flew out of control changed its direction, shattered the window, and lay quietly in a corner covered with glass fragments.

  Two knife-wielding gangsters outside the store were tied tightly to a telephone pole with hemp ropes brought by enthusiastic citizens in the crowd, waiting for the arrival of the police.

  One of the bodyguards who went back into the store subdued the woman in a few moves, and kept repeating his apologies to Qi Yu for his negligence.

  "It's okay, just let her go."

  Qi Yu spoke calmly, wiping the pungent liquid from his hair with a towel handed to him by the waiter. He recognized the crazy woman as Duan Yurong's mother.

  However, how could the normally proud and graceful lady be willing to have her makeup stained and have her face pressed to the dirty ground?

  Mother Duan stood up angrily, quickly straightened the wrinkled hem of her clothes, then glared fiercely at the bodyguard who had just let go of her, and finally focused on Qi Yu.

  "Don't pretend to be kind! You used some trickery to seduce Jiang Yuhuai to marry into the Jiang family instead of your own sister, and then seduced your husband's brother, making the entire Jiang family a mess. The old man of the Jiang family was so angry that he was sent to the hospital and his whereabouts are unknown now. Are you behind this?!"

  The woman's series of hysterical roars, venting her inner dissatisfaction that had been going on for a long time, were so sharp and penetrating that they almost pierced one's eardrums.

  The passers-by around heard such shocking and outrageous content, their eyes widened and their ears pricked up, wishing they could move a bench to sit down, and even better if they could hold half a chilled watermelon in their hands.

  The gossiping spectators outside who were originally holding up their phones to take pictures of the two knife-wielding gangsters immediately turned their cameras around. The corner of the screen showing the live broadcast account showed that the number of visitors entering the live broadcast room was rapidly increasing.