5.18 - The forgotten past

"You are the selfish villain who cruelly abandoned him, and the sinner who dragged him into the devil's den again. Seth, don't you realize that your nature is the same as mine, just as profit-seeking, cold-blooded and unscrupulous.

  You are ruthless enough and will not be bound by emotions, so I picked you out of hundreds of candidates.

  Without me, you would still be at the bottom of the organization with no future and being bullied. You should be grateful for my promotion and my huge investment to make you what you are today..."

  "That's enough!"

  Seth let out a restrained growl between his teeth, his lips trembling slightly as if he had lost control.

  The other party said so much, but he didn't believe a word of it.

  Before the zombie virus broke out, he had never been to the North District, let alone had the chance to meet the boy. The devil who was forced into a desperate situation must have tried every means to deceive him in order to survive!

  The demon, who had been thirsty for blood like drinking water for years, noticed the man's slight hesitation and slowly spoke again, his tone full of sighs and regrets.

  "Now you are a perfect work of art, a top-level humanoid weapon without a heart. You can kill all the people in this tunnel in the blink of an eye without any effort. Why do you need to learn from the vulgar people to pretend to be affectionate? Emotions will only hinder your path to the pinnacle!"

  The evil leader of the organization became more and more excited as he spoke, and his smile became more and more wild.

  He believed in his own judgment. Even if the cold blade was temporarily warmed by the hot blood, it could not change its cruel and ruthless nature.

  The soldiers who were always on alert and waiting for an opportunity were not affected by him. They quickly subdued him while he was in high spirits and restrained his hands behind his back. The suitcase that was said to be filled with precious antibodies was also caught by someone when he was surprised and dropped it.

  The dark tunnel was filled with the sounds of struggling and hysterical roars.

  "Even if you capture me and get the antibodies, you can't reverse the fact that humanity is about to be destroyed. The gears of fate have begun to turn, and all of you will die sooner or later! Especially No. 426, hahahahahaha——!"

  The vicious curse drilled into Seth's ears, irritating his tense nerves.

  Sudden,

  With a muffled "bang", the creepy and arrogant laughter came to an abrupt end.

  A blood-stained tooth drew an arc in the air and fell to the ground, making a few crisp "clang clang" sounds.

  Seth clenched his fists tightly, bent over in anger, and there was a bright red mark on the top of his fists.

  He didn't know why, but the nonsense he heard seemed to have torn a huge crack in his memory. The edges of the crack were jagged and saw-toothed, cutting his flesh and blood, causing him a splitting headache that he couldn't ignore.

  He couldn't help but want to recall the fragments that had been forgotten earlier, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't remember anything...

  It seems that he really forgot some important details...

  However, Seth did not dare to delay any longer as someone was waiting for him.