4.13 - Father and son fight

Qi Yu was transferred to the general ward, and Zhan Li stayed by his side the whole time.

  In the intensive care unit, Zhan Li might affect other patients, but in the general ward, as long as he didn't mind the pheromones of other Alphas floating in the corridor, it would be fine. When the patient's condition was stable, the pheromones of his partner would play a proper soothing role.

  However, Zhan Li did not dare to be careless and never opened the door after entering the house.

  Qi Yucai had just taken medicine and went to bed. His body temperature had dropped a little and remained at a low fever level. Zhan Li was afraid that the air conditioner would blow on him, so he deliberately turned up the temperature so that he could sleep more peacefully.

  The warm air also aggravated Zhan Li's fatigue from staying up all night, but he could neither sleep nor leave.

  Fortunately, after a while, Qi Yu seemed to feel sorry for him and gradually woke up from his sleep. His long and soft eyelashes trembled on his face, which touched Zhan Li's heart. It was like a predator in the forest luring its prey, and Zhan Li was willing to be captured by Qi Yu.

  Finally, when Qi Yu opened his eyes, Zhan Li's joy was written on his face. He whispered softly, "Gu Huan, how are you? Do you feel better?"

  When Qi Yu heard the call, his straight vision in the void began to focus, fell on Zhan Li for a moment, and then slowly moved away in silence.

  "..."

  Feeling the other party's indifferent gaze, Zhan Li's chest couldn't help but ache. He had obviously thought about the apology hundreds of times in his mind, but it became difficult to say it, but he had to say it.

  "Gu Huan, I'm sorry. I was too impulsive last night." Zhan Li lowered his head and clenched his hands on his knees into fists. "I didn't know you were not feeling well. I was wrong for not considering your feelings... I really regret it now."

  Especially after talking with the doctor, Zhan Li felt even more guilty when he heard that Qi Yu might never have his own children again. He had also lost the possibility of raising a child with Qi Yu.

  And this result was caused by him alone...

  "I know that an apology alone cannot make up for the hurt you've suffered. I just hope you can give me a chance to make it up to me, let me take good care of you, and not chase me away, okay..."

  Zhan Li's tone was sincere, not evasive. Combined with Qi Yu's understanding of him, this should be his true inner thoughts at the moment. Maybe it's not so hopeless...

  But his child...

  Thinking of this, Qi Yu's eyes suddenly became moist.

  He has been devoted to his career these years and has never envied the life of other Omegas who take care of their husbands and children. However, when he saw the doctor's helpless sigh and knew that his future children were sentenced to death, he realized how cruel this was for an Omega.

  But he couldn't blame him...

  "Forget it..." Qi Yu said weakly, "I am also wrong."

  Zhan Li hurriedly shook his head when he heard this: "No, no, it's all my fault." He didn't trust his partner and foolishly fell into the enemy's trap. He was not worthy of Qi Yu's considerate and gentle forgiveness.

  Seeing Qi Yu's sad eyes filled with tears, and him still saying that it was his fault, Zhan Li felt a pang of bitterness in his eyes, as if he had a bitter gall in his mouth that he could neither swallow nor spit out.