4.18 - Remorse

Qi Yu's cold tone and eyes kept appearing in Zhan Li's mind.

  He deeply realized what it meant to reap what one sows, and he didn't even have the right to complain that God was unfair.

  If he had not used all means to hurt Qi Yu and destroyed the trust between them, how could the kind-hearted Omega be so heartless as to not even want to listen to his explanation.

  The wound on his leg continued to ooze blood and emit a strong smell of blood. Pressing hard on the wound to stop the bleeding would cause severe pain. Zhan Li gritted his teeth and said nothing, as if he was deliberately punishing himself.

  The pain inflicted on his body might have eased the pain in his heart, but what followed was a surge of hatred. He hated his ruthless father, and he hated himself even more for destroying everything with his own hands.

  Zhan Li endured the pain until his lips turned white and his whole body trembled uncontrollably, as if half of the blood in his body had drained out, taking away his body temperature.

  After making sure that Qi Yu would not look at him, he gradually let go of the psychological burden of causing discomfort to the other party and stopped concealing his gaze.

  Not long after, he watched Qi Yu bend over with his back to him, slowly squatting down to the ground with one hand on the wall, and the other hand on his abdomen, looking very painful.

  "Gu Huan, what's wrong with you..." Zhan Li stood up immediately, regardless of the injury on his leg, and quickly came to Qi Yu's side. When he walked around to the front and got closer, he discovered his lover's wrinkled expression and sweat on his head.

  The man's hair stood up all over his body and he hugged the other man's shoulders: "Gu Huan, where does it hurt? Tell me, did they hurt you just now?"

  Qi Yu bit his lower lip tightly, not even having the strength to shake his head. The severe pain in his abdomen made him unable to make a sound, as if several ferocious beasts were tearing out his internal organs at the same time.

  Zhan Li didn't dare to delay any longer when seeing this. He reached out to grab Qi Yu's knee, but before he could stand up, he was stopped by the store manager.

  "You're carrying him with your injured leg, so you might drop him halfway." The store manager said, turning around and walking out of the store, "... Wait for me to go to the next door and call someone to help."

  Zhan Li then realized that his anxiety had made him lose his composure.

  However, every minute and every second of waiting was extremely long, and the feeling of powerlessness enveloped him layer by layer, making the man breathless. If possible, he wished that the pain that the other person was suffering at the moment would be transferred to himself.

  After enduring for a full twenty minutes, the four finally rushed to the hospital.

  After a brief inquiry, Qi Yu was pushed into the ward.

  The scent of Alpha pheromones emanated from Zhan Li's bloody wound, causing the nurse on duty to frown secretly. She hurriedly urged him to make an appointment for herself as well and come back after the treatment was completed.

  Zhan Li looked at Qi Yu reluctantly, and seeing him lying on the hospital bed with a pale face, he couldn't stop the pain in his heart, but he finally resisted the urge and left obediently.

  The doctor said his wound needed stitches, Zhan Li followed the instructions, feeling the needle and thread pulling his skin, and after hesitating for a long time, he decided to inform Guan Qiuyang. If there was something inconvenient for him to accompany him, he would feel a little more at ease knowing that Guan Qiuyang was by Qi Yu's side.