3.12 - Blackmail

"No."

  Qi Yu struggled and swayed forward, emotionally agitated, and firmly believed that even if the man made a trade-off and sacrificed himself, his plans would not be as vicious as Ji Ce described.

  "Don't believe it?" Ji Ce shook the uniquely shaped, white wine pot in his hand, "Then you should believe it now. You must have seen it when you served in front of the emperor."

  Qi Yu recognized at a glance the decorative wine jug in Huai Hao's study, which had been placed in the most conspicuous position in the treasure chest all year round. Even after that night of passion, he found it had been knocked over and cracked in the chaos the next day. The man did not replace it, but ordered the palace people to repair it as good as new. It can be seen how much the man liked it.

  If Huai Hao had not agreed, how could Ji Ce have obtained the only jade white wine pot that was presented as tribute.

  But the sword in Ji Ce's hand...

  A cup of clear jade liquid poured from a pot was held in front of him.

  "Lord Ji, falsely conveying an imperial edict is a capital crime." Qi Yu's tone quickly returned to calm, causing the air to be quiet for a moment, and Ji Ce immediately laughed out loud towards the sky.

  "Haha, were they discovered so easily? What a bunch of useless things! I tried my best to send them to serve in front of the emperor... but I advise you to drink this glass of wine obediently." Ji Ce said with a cunning expression on his face, and there seemed to be a hint of pride.

  "One hundred thousand soldiers transferred back from the border are already lurking around the capital. As long as the prime minister gives the order on New Year's Eve, they will quickly attack the imperial city. In order to save his life, the emperor will have no choice but to surrender the throne."

  "...You are preparing to rebel!"

  Qi Yu's eyes widened instantly. The unexpectedly straightforward information from the other party could not help but explode in his mind. How dare Ji Ce blurt out such a rebellious plan without any scruples? !

  Then he felt his blood rushing up, his heartbeat quickened, and the large amount of air rushing into his lungs without rhythm made him cough continuously.

  Ji Ce looked at Qi Yu, knowing that he had already gained the upper hand in this negotiation, so he might as well let the other party die with a clear conscience: "Not necessarily, it depends on whether you are willing to cooperate. If he is obedient and marries Miss Duan and has a few princes, the Prime Minister won't have to go through so much trouble."

  Of course, Qi Yu also understood the second half of the other party's unspoken sentence. When the prince grows up, Huai Hao will completely lose his value to the prime minister, and the treacherous ministers will follow suit and force him to abdicate. It will only be a matter of a few years sooner or later.

  "Then if I die... the Prime Minister won't raise an army to force the emperor to abdicate?" Qi Yu stared at the wine glass in front of him, his heart in turmoil.

  Ji Ce impatiently stuffed the wine glass directly into his hand and urged: "The Prime Minister will naturally have a way to solve this obstacle of yours."

  The unwarranted rhetoric pushed Qi Yu further into an unfavorable and passive situation. He had no choice but to use his own death to help Huai Hao buy a few more years to consolidate the imperial power. This was his only way at the moment.

  As long as there is still a slight chance...

  Thinking of this, Qi Yu drank the wine without hesitation, the bitter taste filled his mouth, and he felt the venom and the burning heat seeping into his body. Immediately, the fishy and sweet blood flowed out of the corners of his mouth, flowing down his neck, and blooming into a seductive color on his fair skin.