5.6 - Dedication

Seth took the drink, which ignited a glimmer of hope in the expectant boy's heart, but the man just took a look at it and put it back on the table.

  ...In the end, I rejected myself through my actions.

  Qi Yu lowered his eyes in frustration, once again falling into the agony of failure. The depressed mood occupied the young man's heart, leaving a big hole in it.

  Seth hadn't spoken a word to him since leaving the forest. Even if he was dumb, he should have known that the man was really angry.

  If Seth rushed into the zombie horde unarmed, he would probably go crazy. It's not that he hasn't experienced the pain of losing someone, but he doesn't dare to think about it now.

  The accumulated self-blame strengthened his desire to make amends with the man, and he had to find a way to make him happy as soon as possible.

  After all,

  Seth was angry because he cared about himself.

  Qi Yu tactfully left the man for the time being and went to the sink to wash his face. Perhaps because he was too guilty and ashamed, his cheeks felt slightly hot. His eyes fell on the mirror on the wall. It was the first time that the young man saw his face clearly.

  The light brown hair on her forehead was wet with water droplets, stained with a touch of golden red in the sunset glow. Her clear eyes were not as sharp as Seth's, but so gentle that they seemed to drip water. Her fair and delicate skin was covered with a thin layer of powder, and after washing away the blood stains, there was no flaw at all.

  Unfortunately, the torn clothes on the shoulder revealed a scabbed wound, and I'm afraid it will leave a scar.

  Qi Yu took off his shirt with great pain and prepared to wipe his shoulders with a wet towel, but when his upper body was completely exposed to the air, he found that there were more than a dozen scars of varying sizes accumulated in places he didn't know about.

  Compared to the irregular injuries caused by fighting, the ones on his body seemed more like marks left by surgery.

  The boy's fingertips stroked the neat cut on his chest closest to his heart. It was as smooth as other skin. It must have taken a long time for it to fade into its current appearance.

  What happened in my past...

  Who exactly am I?

  Too many questions popped up in the boy's mind at once, and the heavy burden made his heart sink.

  As the sky gradually darkened, Seth set up mechanisms on the doors and windows. If anyone broke in, heavy objects would fall and make a sound, acting as an alarm.

  After completing all the preparations and making sure that nothing went wrong, he relaxed a little and looked at the boy through the bathroom glass.

  After coming out of the laboratory, the boy had not gotten enough rest. The lighthouse in the waves and the RV surrounded by zombies were not places that satisfied him. Although the boy did not say anything, the bruises on his eyes exposed his true physical condition.

  Fortunately, there is a soft and comfortable bed here for them to have a good night's rest, because a longer journey awaits them tomorrow.

  "Come and sleep." Seth said calmly.

  Qi Yu was startled when he suddenly heard the man's voice, then his brows lit up with joy. Without any pause, he wiped the water off his face with a bath towel, trotted out of the bathroom swiftly, got into the quilt obediently, lay on his back and closed his eyes.