4.8 - Dedication

Time is passing by every second...

  Finally, the sound of a police sirens approaching from afar brought hope to Qi Yu.

  Among the four people, the man with tattoos was the first to realize what was happening. He yelled at his companions, then quickly retreated like a tide and disappeared into the night.

  When the police arrived at the scene, they saw Alpha lying on the ground with blood on the corner of his mouth, unable to stand up. They quickly called a few colleagues to help him into the police car and sent him to the hospital to treat his injuries.

  It was not until now, sitting in the back seat of the police car, that Qi Yu had the opportunity to get close to Zhan Li and hold his hand tightly.

  It was heartbreaking to see the man leaning on the back seat of the car, exhausted.

  "Zhan Li, where does it hurt?" Qi Yu asked with pretended calmness, his voice trembling.

  Zhan Li looked at Qi Yu affectionately, shook his head slowly, and forced a pale smile: "As long as you are okay, I don't feel any pain at all." As soon as he finished speaking, the weak Alpha turned his head and vomited blood into his palm.

  Qi Yu looked at the bright red in the center of the other person's palm, as if he was pierced by thousands of arrows. Everything in front of him reminded him that the other person was so seriously injured because he saved him.

  He desperately wanted to relieve the pain for the other person, racking his brains to come up with nothing but empty words of comfort that were of no use: "We'll be at the hospital soon, just bear with it."

  The exhausted Alpha seemed to be very pleased with these words. He closed his eyes with a quiet smile and leaned lightly on Qi Yu.

  Under the escort of the police car, Zhan Li was quickly sent to the hospital ward. Due to his serious injuries, he soon fell asleep on the bed after the doctor's careful treatment and examination.

  After answering the police's questions, Qi Yu stayed by the bedside, not leaving for a moment.

  The warm light from the bedside illuminated the area around the two of them. The bruises on the man's cheekbones and mouth were particularly eye-catching. There were many more scars on his body, all covered up by his hospital gown.

  There was an unprecedented strong emotion that was constantly stimulating Qi Yu, forcing him to make a decision.

  If there is a person in this world who happens to have a mutual affection with you and is willing to sacrifice his life for you when facing danger, I believe there is no one in this world who would not be moved by that person.

  Qi Yu has a heart of his own. Even if he has many reasons, how can he continue to pretend to be heartless and ignore the passionate love from Zhan Li...

  In fact, he had felt it early on. When he faced Zhan Li, his heartbeat was completely different from when he stood next to Zhan Boyan. It was precisely because he could feel it that he ran away like a coward at the beginning.

  At this point, he can no longer avoid the fact that the person he loves is Zhan Li.

  The feeling I have always had towards Zhan Boyan is actually respect.

  He regretted that he had only seen his heart clearly at this moment, which almost led to him being separated from the man who might have become the love of his life.

  An idea gradually formed in his mind, then grew wildly, and later completely filled Qi Yu's mind, constantly shouting in his ears that he should fight for his right to love.