4.5 - Crisis

The tallest office building in the city center is full of modern technology and is the headquarters building of Jiangyuan International.

  As soon as Qi Yu arrived at the company, Guan Qiuyang called him into the president's office.

  As Qi Yu's only superior in the company besides Zhan Boyan, Guan Qiuyang has more opportunities to work with him. Even if Zhan Boyan has tasks to assign at work, they are communicated according to the hierarchy and there will not be any unnecessary contact.

  As soon as Guan Qiuyang saw Qi Yu, he stood up with a worried look on his face, walked to the sofa beside him, picked up the small teapot, poured a cup of clear green tea for Qi Yu, and went straight to the point.

  "What happened before the ceremony yesterday? Can you tell me about it?"

  Qi Yu was shocked when he heard this, and recalled that the inhibitor had failed to work. From the moment Zhan Li appeared, he had not had any other thoughts at all. One problem after another arose, so much so that he forgot about his sudden disappearance. He indeed owed the company a reasonable explanation.

  "I'm sorry, Mr. Guan. I ran out of inhibitors yesterday. It took me some time to buy more. I'm sorry to have caused everyone to worry due to personal reasons."

  Qi Yu did not cover up his mistake, nor did he take all the blame for the failure of the inhibitor on himself. He lowered his head in silence, willing to accept any criticism and punishment.

  There is no reason for others to pay for the trouble caused by his personal physiological problems. This is something he figured out after his first estrus.

  After hearing this, Guan Qiuyang hesitated for a moment, and his slightly frowned brows relaxed.

  "Don't worry, I'm not blaming you, but it's rare for you to lose contact temporarily. I'm afraid that you must have encountered some bad accident and are keeping it all in your heart." Guan Qiuyang stared at Qi Yu seriously, expecting him to tell him about the real difficulties he encountered.

  Among all the Omegas he had met, Qi Yu was the most stubborn one. When other Omegas reached a certain age and found suitable partners to go home and take care of their families, only this stubborn guy stayed up all night in the company.

  She doesn't take care of her health at such a young age. There's no Alpha around her when she's in estrus. When the condition is serious, she has to take inhibitors one shot after another. The blood vessels in her arms are about to be punctured, but she doesn't even bother to ask for leave from the company.

  The situation did not improve until I was promoted to vice president in the past two years. I knew to hand over some trivial matters to my assistant so I didn't have to do everything myself.

  Although he was a Beta and didn't understand how difficult the estrus period was, Guan Qiuyang knew exactly how Qi Yu had worked hard step by step to reach his current position in the company.

  He felt sorry for this hardworking and slightly stubborn young man, and thought he shouldn't have such a hard life. But every time he tried to get close to him and show concern, he would be distant and wary with politeness.

  "Thank you, Mr. Guan. I'm fine." Qi Yu lowered his head and took a sip of tea. "Thank you for your hospitality. If there is nothing else, I will go back to work."

  "Well, go ahead." Guan Qiuyang smiled as he watched Qi Yu get up and leave, feeling a little helpless in his heart.

  But in fact, nothing is the best thing.