3.4 - Reading

The person in charge of the library had not arrived yet, so Qi Yu first took the manuscript and went to find Lin Maoshi to report.

  As a result, the other party became furious after only turning a few pages, tore off the inner pages, and pushed them in front of him, asking him to see what he had written.

  Qi Yu found that those were just the parts he had supplemented by consulting the materials, and there was no problem.

  Unexpectedly, Lin Maoshi threw the torn book directly at his face. The sharp end of the spine pierced his skin, and immediately a hot stream flowed down his forehead.

  However, the other party seemed still unsatisfied and forced him to kneel down and confess his guilt in front of all the officials of the Hanlin Academy.

  Under the indifferent gazes of his colleagues, Qi Yu didn't understand what he had done wrong. He still held the edge of the table and slowly bent his knees, kneeling on the cold and hard floor. The unbearable pain forced him to support himself with his hands and slightly lift his knees to relieve the pressure.

  Seeing his embarrassed and submissive appearance, Lin Maoshi cursed him even more wantonly. The one-sided verbal violence lasted for a long time, and the sound echoed throughout the Hanlin Academy.

  It was not until the original book with clearly missing pages appeared in front of Qi Yu in good condition that Qi Yu realized how he had been tricked by the other party.

  The humiliation that could not be defended piled up in his heart, tearing at his internal organs.

  The indifference of the people around him tore the reality apart bit by bit, spreading it bloody before his eyes, like loud slaps trying to wake him up. The integrity he had always believed in seemed like a joke.

  At this time,

  Huai Hao and a group of people following him walked through the courtyard.

  Through the open door, Qi Yu was seen kneeling on the ground with difficulty. His back was bent as he lowered his head so deeply. His arms were trembling at his sides. Torn and crumpled papers were scattered around him.

  Lin Maoshi stood opposite Qi Yu, looking down at him, constantly spewing words like falsification of history and deliberate slander.

  It was not until he noticed the emperor unexpectedly appeared before him that his expression changed instantly and he kowtowed and saluted: "Your Majesty, I respectfully welcome you. I am sorry for not coming from afar to welcome you. I hope Your Majesty will forgive me."

  "Get up." Huai Hao glanced at the broken pages on the ground, recognized Qi Yu's handwriting, and asked calmly, "What's going on?"

  When Lin Maoshi learned that the emperor did not come specifically for this matter but was just passing by, the slightest bit of guilt hidden in the dark disappeared and he suddenly spoke passionately.

  "I originally ordered Ying Shichen to copy the history books of the previous dynasty, but who knew that he would dare to tamper with the contents privately, and it seems that he was implicitly criticizing the previous emperor."

  Huai Hao's cold expression suddenly became sharp, like an eagle, and fell on Lin Maoshi with a strong sense of intimidation.

  When Lin Maoshi received the gaze, he couldn't help but shudder, but was secretly happy. He quickly glanced at his subordinates beside him, and someone brought the secretly completed history book and the torn pages on the ground to Huai Hao.