2.4 - Is it a provocation? Is it a declaration? Anyway, it's not love

Lezhe suppressed the shock in his heart and tried his best not to bring personal emotions into work.

  But he was constantly struggling in his mind, repeatedly pondering, when did Qi Yu start to work as Yu Shiyuan's assistant? !

  It is said that this young upstart who just returned to China can bring billions of economic value to their city in the short term just by engaging in the real estate industry. Coupled with the influence of his father, Mr. Yu, in the city, he has received various attentions from the city leaders as soon as he landed.

  Even the top management of Shulin Publishing House holds him in the palm of their hands and regards him as the financial sponsor they most want to cooperate with.

  Le Zhe received a sudden notice from the editor-in-chief at the weekend, saying that the other party specifically asked him to come to the company this afternoon to discuss the content of the film and television adaptation in detail, and was repeatedly reminded to be careful and proper.

  The unusual and unexpected opportunity filled Lezhe with great interest.

  He could have let his subordinates take charge of the matter, but he did it all himself. No wonder he has achieved such a successful position at such a young age. Compared with the extravagant style of the older generation, he is indeed more admirable from the bottom of our hearts.

  However......

  President Yu, who was supposed to be high and mighty and as mysterious as a legend, deliberately set up a trap for me to discover the secret between the two.

  The hostile emotions that come to me are a warning to myself not to covet other people's belongings...

  Could Qi Yu's strange behavior of suddenly disappearing and not replying to messages a few days ago also be related to this man?

  Although Le Zhe didn't know the reason, he sorted out some clues in an instant and smiled modestly: "Mr. Yu, you are joking. I am just feeling this wonderful fate. Tang Xin and I are brothers in college. I met him here unexpectedly, so I couldn't help but take a second look at him."

  This simple sentence can be used for both offense and defense, easing the hostile atmosphere while explaining the reasons appropriately. When all the purposes were still unclear, Le Zhe did not act rashly.

  "Oh? Really?" Yu Shiyuan leaned forward, clasped his fingers together, and rested his elbows on the edge of the desk. His sharp face was stern and his cold tone was as if he was treating a dead object. "Then it's really fate."

  Even in such an atmosphere, this kid was able to remain silent. Either he was shrewd enough, or he didn't care about Qi Yu at all...

  Since Qi Yu was determined to express his gratitude, Yu Shiyuan quickly curbed the boy's thoughts and sent people to secretly investigate Le Zhe, digging out his identity that even Qi Yu might not know.

  Lezhe was the president of the student union in college and founded a club. He was reliable, enthusiastic and humble. He was popular among students and teachers. He was handsome and talented, just like the male protagonist of a girl's comic. After graduation, he developed his hobby into a career and was hired by the largest publishing house in the city. He was a true inspirational student on campus.

  However, his real identity is the nephew of the deputy mayor and the nephew of the police chief. His parents' company is engaged in cross-border trade. Although he has abundant resources, he is as low-key as a child from an ordinary working-class family.

  Why did Lezhe do this? What was his purpose? And what did he deliberately hide?

  The naive Qi Yu kept saying that he had known his senior for four years, but he didn't even know his true identity as well as he did. And he still assured him that he had no ill intentions?