【World 5】The Humanoid Weapon Falls in Love with Me

5.1 - Fledgling

  "Bang!"

  Qi Yu watched the man pull the trigger at him with an expressionless face, without a moment's hesitation.

  The fear of impending death instantly enveloped him, and the boy hastily closed his eyes to deceive himself and let out a scream.

  "Ah—"

  He couldn't bear to imagine himself being shot dead on the spot like those zombies.

  But the next second,

  What the boy thought was happening did not happen to him.

  The spinning bullet stuck to the side of his head, lifted his hair, and quickly hit the forehead of the zombie who was struggling to stand up behind him.

  A blow to the head, strong-smelling brain matter and blood splattered everywhere.

  Qi Yu felt the heavy weight of liquid falling on his back and the cold touch on the back of his neck. He was almost scared to death.

  The man ordered the boy, "Get up."

  "..."

  Qi Yu's head was buzzing and he didn't hear anything at all. His lips were trembling and he couldn't speak. He didn't react at all.

  The man frowned without any sympathy. He stepped over the pile of corpses with his long legs. With his strong arms, he grabbed the back of the man's neck with one hand as if he was lifting a chicken, lifted him up, and walked to a luxury SUV a few steps away.

  There were large scratches on the gun-gray side of the car, but fortunately the workmanship was strong enough to prevent it from being obviously deformed. The window glass was intact, and compared with other flattened cars around in the major car accident scene, it was visibly outstanding.

  However, the owner of the car seemed unfriendly. When he smelled a living person, he immediately bared his teeth and glared at the car window, making "yay" sounds, leaving bloody handprints on the glass.

  Without blinking, the man raised his hand and shot the car owner through the window. At the same time, the car window glass shattered like snowflakes, allowing his hand to easily reach inside and open the car door.

  The zombies in the distance are still gathering here, and every second counts.

  The man unfastened the driver's seat belt, pulled the hideous corpse off the seat, and threw it to the side of the road like trash.

  Without the obstruction of their vision, they were surprised to find that there was a little girl sitting in the passenger seat, huddled in the corner of the car door, looking at them with fear in her eyes.

  The child was probably only four or five years old, wearing a floral dress. The large black teeth marks on her left arm could be judged to have been left by the recently deceased owner of the car. The obvious blue spots that could not be ignored had spread along her arm to the side of her face. Even if the arm was amputated, there was no possibility of saving her.

  It's easy to imagine what she had been through before...

  The man raised his hand and took a step forward. Qi Yu immediately widened his eyes and realized the man's intention. It seemed that he was out of sympathy for the weak. A surge of courage suddenly surged in his heart to support him. He flapped his arms to stop the scary man in front of him, but he was not as quick as the other party.

  Another gunshot.

  The little girl's tense body completely relaxed, and she leaned against the car door, completely lifeless.