A Father figure

Chris's POV.....

I was in the middle of changing my little angel's diaper when Angela's phone rang. I looked around to see if she was gonna get it but I remembered her going out to buy some tampons.

Picking up the phone I looked to see who was calling. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion because there was no name but a sign. Tapping the green icon I held it to my ear but didn't say a word.

"Finally you answered Angela, what took you so fucking long?" I didn't answer but I am hella pissed at this man for even knowing Angela. He sighed and I heard a mumble but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Never mind, remember the plan in you killing Chris and giving the baby up for adoption or killing it like you said before. We will be able to access his bank and other member's bank accounts, you said you were gonna do it tonight after you go to José's house to get the poison but your ass is not here so hurry the fuck up!" He yelled into the phone before hanging up.

My heart feels like it has been ran over three times by a truck and stabbed constantly. Why would she do this to me, to us, to our family? I finished changing my child and walked out of Jessica's room and down to Adam's who was only two doors down.

Once I got to his door I knocked on it three times. He opens up the door with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. He looked at me and then Jessica before giving me a confused face.

"We need to talk Adam," I said in all seriousness and he opened the door wide so I could get in more and I hurried and got in the room.

Adam's POV......

Chris sat down on my bed and he held Jessica a little tight but not enough to hurt her. I looked at his face to see that he looked sad, what's going on?

"Chris, why do you look like you wanna cry?" I asked my best friend, well my only friend. And just in a snap of a finger his face was flooded with tears, he laid the baby down on the middle of the bed and he used both of his hands to wipe away his tears.

"You were right about Angela, Adam you were fucking right!" He yelled and the baby shook before crying and Chris busted out crying also. I knew he didn't want to hold her because he might hurt her, but not on purpose but he can do to him being angry.

"What was I right about Chris?" His nose was red due to his very light skin complexion. He cooled down grabbed his crying baby and rocked her back and forth. He blankly stared at the wall in front of him and I was on the side of the room trying to figure out what he said I was right about.

"Angela is working for someone who is planning to kill me and Jessica. I don't know if they want you or not but the point is that Angela set me up for death when I gave her everything she wanted." He said and I knew he wasn't finished because he broke out into a sarcastic laugh.

"I gave her a place to stay, food, a place to shower, I gave her a beautiful baby, and the saddest thing I gave her Adam, I-I gave that bitch love." He said and his eyes were wide and his smile got bigger with loud breaths puffing out of his nose.

"Adam, you are the only person I trust with my daughter when I'm gone." He said still glaring at the cream-colored wall, he grabbed Jess again and kissed her forehead, but I was very confused about what he was about to do. He kept his lips there for a little while before looking at me.

"Adam, after I see Angela I might have the strength to beat her ass and I want to do it here. I don't want you or Jessica to get hurt so if anything happens to me, just know that I want you to protect Jessica. Don't let anyone touch her or harm her." I didn't like this talk and I know for a fact that I can't handle a fucking baby.

"You're not going anywhere Chris and after you are done with Angela we are going to laugh at this conversation. So, stop overreacting and do what you gotta do and I support you, I'll watch Jessica and we will both wait until you are done." I reassure him and he still has the look of doubt but he nods his head.

"You're right, just promise me you would protect her if anything went down and I couldn't be there for her." He said and his hazel eyes that was red and puffy stared at me with hope. I can't let him down, even if he is being a major pussy.

"I am her godfather, I will always be her other father figure Chris," I said and he gave me a genuine smile. Jessica moved her hand to her daddy's face and a small frown made its way to her face.

"You can tell daddy is sad huh my little gummy bear?" He said and he gently rocked his daughter in his arms and I just stood there feeling uncomfortable with just a towel.

"Yo Chris, I'm gonna go and change real quick and I'll be right back," I said grabbing my pajamas from my closet he just nodded his head and kissed his daughter on the forehead again. I left quickly and locked the door to the bathroom before getting dressed.

Chris's POV...

Once Adam closed the door I bit my lip and caressed my baby's cheek.

"Daddy will do something very bad and he might go somewhere very far from you." I started to shed tears again because I knew this was my farewell to my daughter for a little while hopefully.

"But don't worry, daddy is gonna leave you with your godfather and he is gonna take care of you until daddy comes back. He will be new to this kind of stuff so be nice, I want you to promise me that you will be a good girl for Daddy." I said to my precious angel and it was like she understood me because she raised her little hand and touched my cheek again.

"Good girl, Daddy loves you very much." Adam soon opened the door and he was now fully dressed.

"When is she even gonna come home-" he was cut off by the sound of the door opening and heels clicking on the floor.

"Babe, I'm home and I brought you and Adam some dinner!" Angela yelled and Adam glared at the door but I gave him a small smile before I gave him the baby and motioned him to stay where he was.

"Remember Adam, a father figure."

**********************************

Yep, this chapter makes me happy