Highschool

(Requested by Cat1bhere. Hope it isn't too cliche, since I've seen a lot of these. I'll try to be orginal and I could rewrite it if you please.

Also, be warned. It may be slightly feels-y since this is going off of my timeline of the Eddsworld universe.)

   Tom and Tord. These two used to be inseparable friends. The two always stood up for eachother against bullies and would walk home together. The two always stood close to eachother and people would make fun of them for being gay. Tom would respond with a simple 'no' while Tord would scoot away from Tom. Indeed, the Norwegian transfer student had a crush on his friend. Only his other two friends, Edd and Matt, knew this and let it a well guarded secret.

   Reminder that I said 'used to'.

  At the end of their high school senior year, the two had changed. All of their friends changed, in fact. Edd became less of a pudgy cinnimon roll and became someone you shouldn't mess with. Matt went from being a smart narcissist to a dumb one. Tom and Tord changed the most, though.

   Tom was a shy, semi-tall, punk-rock teenager back then. While Tord was a short emo kid, who just hung around Tom for fun. By graduation time, however, the two threw their old personalities and looked away. Tom lost his braces and stopped growing, staying at his normal 5'7" height. He became more reserved and pissy, as well.
   Tord had actually gained a growth spirt at the end of high school. He now outgrew Tom by four inches and had changed into a confident, psychopathic communist that protected his friends.

   Due to this dramatic change in attitude, Tom and Tord found it hard to agree anymore. The two started yelling frequently at eachother, spewing hateful comments to the other person while holding back the urge to punch them in the face. Edd and Matt had to usually break up the fights, and today was no different.

   Edd and Matt had heard there was a big fight going on after school, and decided, at lunch, that they would watch since they had nothing better to do. As the two walked out, they strangely found no crowd of people watching the fight. Only the small group of bullies that picked on the four were sitting nearby, talking to eachother. Edd stared at the one who looked like him, who caught it and glared back. That is, until a boy that was a few inches taller than him poked his shoulder and whispered something into his ear, pushing his glasses up his nose. Edd ignored them afterwards, looking around.
   "Hey, Matt?"
   "Yeah?"
   "Where is everyone?"
   "Dunno. Maybe the fight was cancelled or..." Matt trailed of hearing the familiar sound of something punching another person. Edd and Matt quickly looked over to eachother before running towards that sound, gasping slightly at what they saw.

   Tom had Tord pinned up against the school wall by his dark blue hoodie as the two took turns punching eachother. Tord already had a black eye and Tom was bleeding from the mouth. Edd instantly took action, grabbing Tom and throwing him away from Tord. Surprisingly, this worked.

"Ow! What the hell, Edd?!" Tom growled, spitting out a glob of blood. Edd placed his hands on his hips and stood between the two as Matt made sure Tord was ok.
   "What the hell?! You two used to be close, and now you're slamming eachother into a wall!"
   "He started it!" Tord called from behind him. Edd shot a glace at his friend, shutting the norski up.
   "Both of you need to stop this. We only have a week left of school, and then I'm going to go find a house for us. Do you want to be doing this every day?!"
   "Maybe..." Tom muttered and glared at Tord, who glared back. The Brit stood up and wiped his mouth before walking off without another word. Edd looked back at Tord.

  "Are you ok?"
   "Yeah..."
   "What happened?" Matt asked curiously.
   "Trust me when I say this, Tom and I got into a huge fight outside of the boys locker room on the way to class and he dared me to meet him outside after school. I did, and then he took a swing at me. I only got a few actual punches in." Tord exclaimed. Indeed, he was correct. He didn't really wish for things to get violent with Thomas for some reason, but he couldn't crack it. Edd shook his head.

   "Alright. Let's go over to my apartment. I can patch you up there." Matt helped Tord off of the ground as the norski smiled softly.
   "Thanks.... I hope this doesn't go on forever."
   "Me too, Tord. Me too."