Runaway Rebel

(Requested by @DABOOMDOTCOM.

WTFuture AU, Tord is the Red Leader and Edd, Matt, and Tom are rebels against the army.)

   Tord had finally did it.

   He had taken over the entire world with his army.

  Now all that was left to do was kill all the rebels that refused to go to his side and serve him as a solider or a follower.

  Many of them had killed his soldiers, yes, but multiple were innocent, including Tord's old friends, who had tried to raise above him. These three were Edd, Matt, and Tom, each scarred from Tord's soldiers when the wars started. Matt had to get one of his eyes replaced due to it being shot out, Tom's eyes were permanently damaged from toxins Tord's army had dumped on London, and Edd was... well, he was more mentally scarred.
   When Tord ordered his second and third in command soldiers, they only came back with one of the three he was looking for: Tom.
   Tord demanded to know why Paul and Pat had only brought one of the three there, but they could only respond with the fact that they couldn't find Edd or Matt. The Red Leader has scoffed at them and told them to lock Tom up until Tord chose to kill him. Of course, he wanted to torture him for as long as possible, since Tom had been his enemy before.

   After a few weeks, Tord saw that Tom wasn't snapping like he wanted him to. He would stay quiet and in the corner of his cell, refusing to show submission or even loneliness. So, the communist got sick of it and told Paul to prepare a firing squad execution for sometime the next week.
Hours after he said that, Tord somehow felt regret. Why the hell was he acting like that? It was almost like he didn't want Tom dead. But, he told himself that he would always get that last laugh he wanted to and Tom would finally be gone from his life, forever.
Why did that scare him so much?

Tord was awoken from a small nap he was taking in his office by a loud knock on his door. He groaned in annoyance and got up, walking to the door. He put in a small code in the panel next to the iron sliding door and it opened, revealing his second in command, Paul. Paul quickly saluted his leader and Tord nodded, signaling him to put his hand down.
"What is it, solider?" Tord asked, his voice filled with his Norwegian accent more ham normal due to the fact that he had just woken up. Paul stood with his back straight as he looked at his leader.
"Sir, I did as you asked a week ago."
"Hm? What are you talking about, Soutter?" Tord asked, using Paul's last name.
"I got a firing squad prepared. Thomas Spaventa's execution is in an hour. I thought I would come and get you." Paul reported. Tord just nodded and sent him away before slowly walking down the hall that head to the prison area of his main army base. His heart beat wildly in his chest as he remembered that he asked for his enemy to be killed. He snapped out of the world and let his feet guide him, not even sure of what he was doing.

   Once he got to the holding cells, he briskly walked to Tom's cell, banging his robotic arm on the jail cell. The Brit from inside shifted and rolled over on his thin and, seemingly, uncomfortable mattress. He sat up and looked at Tord, his goggles off, rendering him blind. Tord huffed.
  "Thomas, get your goggles on. Hurry up." He stayed, his time cold. Tom snarled but obeyed him. He reached over to a small, mostly broken, table by his bed and grabbed his goggles that, to Tord, looked like Virtual Reality goggles straight out of a gamer's closet. Tom slipped them on over his eyes and turned them on, making two green, pixelated eyes appear over his normally black ones. The switched over to Tord, tracking his eye movements, and Tom scowled again.
  "The fuck do you want?"
  "Just shut up, get up, and walk over here." Tord ordered and grabbed a key ring off of his belt. Tom huffed, the green eyes going half lidded as he got up and walked over to the cell door. Tord pulled a key away from the key ring and unlocked the door before opening it with a rusty cream echoing through the now empty area. Tom and Tord both flinched and looked at each other, standing directly in front of each other. Tom put his arms or like Tord was going to cuff him.
  "I heard Paul talk over the radio. My doomsday. Come on, commie, make it quick." He stayed, defeat in his digital eyes. Tord flinched at that and pushed Tom's arms down, grabbing his hands in his. Tom looked confused and froze, wanting to pull his hands away but was unable to. Tord blinked and looked at him with a straight face for a moment before grabbing Tom's wrist.
   "Come on."

   As the two walked down the metal base hallways, Tom kept his head down, not showing any emotion. Tord sighed softly and took a turn down one hallway, making Tom look up, confused.
  "Where are we going? This isn't the way to the shooting gallery. Are you that stupid?" Tom didn't have any venom in his voice despite his insult. Tord rolled his eyes.
  "Keep your voice down." He muttered. "I'm getting you out of here."
  Tom perked up, not knowing if he should believe him or not.

  Once Tord walked out with Tom, telling his guard soldiers that he was letting the inmate 'take a breather before his death', he let go of Tom's wrist. Tom rubbed it with his other hand and looked at Tord.
   "Why the fuck are you doing this..." he asked softly. Tord moves closer to Tom.
   "Look... I don't know why exactly, but I couldn't just let you die... something in me told me I couldn't do that." He stated. Tom looked confused but just nodded, deciding to push him further for answers later. Tord grabbed his hand normally in his, making Tom's cheeks heat up and his expression changed to shocked and even more confused. "Come on," Tord paused and leaned over, planting a kiss on Tom's cheek which almost made the Brit smack him in response. "Let's go find Edd and Matt. I'm done with this army shit." He stated. He let go of Tom's hand for a moment. "Lead the way." The norski stated, bowing his head to Tom as he gestured to the dense woodland that covered the main Red Army base.

  Tom took a deep breath and grabbed Tord's hand again, dragging him as he marched forwards into the forest, the former Red Leader right behind him.

(Sorry if it sucked-
I think my style has improved a bit over the break that I took-)