RD(?) #6

(Yay, I have confidence and ideas for once...

This was based off of a rp I am currently in with Smol_Tommo.

I based it off of the fact that we're using. Basically, an alpha animal will usually let out a purr/cooing sound to calm their mate/children down.
We used in the rp since Tom is the top and got it from his animal/monster instincts. Tord had a nightmare where Tom died and so the Brit decided to calm him down with the purrs, and it worked.

So I just swapped around the two roles.

Enjoy..?

Oh, and I called it an RD with a question make because it's short and random, but not funny like the others. It's just fluff. And no, this isn't the omega/alpha AU. It's just the classic AU)

Tom gasped as he shot up in his bed, his breaths quick and cut off. His eyes were white instead of black, signaling that he was shocked. The shape next to his shifted softly and he looked over, as he still breathed heavily. He wiped some sweat off of his face as the figure sat up and yawned. It was Tord, his boyfriend.
   "Tommy? What's wrong..?" Tord asked, yawning again at the the end. Tom still was hyperventalating, tears started to fall out of his eyes. Tord noticed this, even in the darkness of the room. He hugged his boyfriend close to his chest, rubbing circles on his back. Tom closed his eyes.

"Tom... what happened?" Tord asked after a few seconds.
"I... had a nightmare.... and... you died and... I couldn't save you..." Tom mumbled into Tord's jacket, tears starting to slip out of his eyes again. Tord bit his bottom lip, not knowing what to do.
   He thought for a moment. What would calm Tom down at 3:00 in the morning? Well, he did have monster genes in him. And Tord knew for a fact what kinda of genes were in those pieces of DNA, since he made the serum himself. He remembered that, by doing that, Tom was basically half of a wild animal hybrid. Without even thinking, Tord started to make a soft purring sound as he cuddled Tom. At first, the Brit froze up, not knowing what to do. But, after a bit, he pushed himself against Tord more, cuddling into his chest. His crying stopped as Tord's purring sounds got louder, and the norski smiled when he noticed his boyfriend was completly calmed down.

   "How the hell does that work?" Tom looked up at Tord.
   "Because you have animal DNA in you. It's what alpha beasts do to their mates to calm them down." Tord explained with a slight hum. He layed back down as Tom cuddled against him again, wrapping his arms around his neck. Tord wrapped his arms around Tom's back and purred for a moment longer before stopping. He kissed the top of Tom's head and closed his eyes again, falling back asleep in no time.