Hamilton AU Part 2

(So.... a few of you wanted this. So I did it.
Since I kind of have no ideas, I'm going to make this a prequel. This happens after the song 'Your Obedient Servent' and stays in the same timeline as the one before.
Hope it's not too cliche. I got the idea originally from another fanfic that I can't remember the name of.)

Tom growled under his breath as he stared down at his pistol, waiting for his second and Tord's second to give up walking. Did he really want to shoot Tord and kill his so called 'rival'? No. But did he guess Tord was going to shoot? Yes, yes he did. Knowing the spastic man who would do anything to prove a point, even write his own sins and publish them, he knew that it was either him or Tord who would leave he battlefield alive.
A few seconds past before his second walked up to him, shaking his head. This told him they were unable to reach a compromise and the two had to commence the duel. Tom nodded and walked a few feet in front of Tord, who looked around nervously, for some reason.

Look him in the eye. Tom told himself and glared Tord down, who looked back, with fiery eyes. But Tom noticed something under the fire; a pleading look that didn't want to get shot or shoot the man in front of him. Tom snapped out of his thoughts.
Aim no higher.... summon all the courage you acquire.... then count. Tom told himself, remembering the ten most important steps of a duel. He held took ten paces behind him as Tord did the same, his heart pounding in his chest.
One.... two.... three.... four... five... six.... seven.... eight.... nine... ten! Tom raised his pistol and fired, watching Tord the whole time. His black eyes widened at the sight of a Tord not aiming at him, but flinching and aiming high at the sky with a blast of gunpowder.
   "WAIT!"

    Tom had tear pinpricks in his eyes as relief flushed over him. Tord had heard his scream and tried to slide out of the way, landing on the ground as he did so. The bullet flew past him and into a nearby tree. Thomas dropped his pistol and ran to Tord's side, kneeling beside him.
   "Oh my lord... I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have even started this! Please tell me you're ok?!" Tom shook Tord and sat up, perfectly fine. The smaller male smiled.
   "It's... fine... I'm ok.... I should have apologized..." Tord wandered off in his voice as Tom hugged him, surprising him. "Thomas Burr? Sir? Are you ok?"
   "I'm fine..." Tom cried into Tord's shoulder, as Tord patted his back.
   "Hey, it's ok. I'm fine. Let's just not duel again. We agreed that they are stupid, right?"
   "Heh... forgot about that." Tom pulled back and wiped his eyes free of tears.

   Tom chuckled to himself, remembering the moment. He leaned back in his chair, placing his arms above his head as he relaxed. He heard owmine knock at the door, who instantly let himself in. Of course, it's was Tord Hamilton. His old rival. Tom smiled wider and stood up, walking over to Tord.
   "Good morning, sir."
   "Morning to you, too." Tom smiled down at the Tord, who laughed.
   "I should be heading to my office."
   "Mhm." Tom kissed Tord's cheek, making the smaller male blush. "Try not to give the president too much shit today, ok? I don't want to deal with him punching another hole in the wall."
   "I'll try not to." Tord said and dashed down the hall to his office, grinning like an idiot. Tom watched him leave and shook his head slightly, the smile not wiping off of his face.