Superheroes AU

(Based on the post above, found on the creator's Tumblr (the creator of the AU is sourapplesoda. Please go check them out for the designs, they look awesome).

I'm not going to make each other call them by their superhero names, since they all know each other personally.

Enjoy the fluff!)

"Tom?!" Tord turned the corner, his heart pounding in his chest and his red eyes wide. He gasped at what he saw. A large, black and purple scaly monster with one large eye, horns atop it's head, and a long tail. Tord gulped in fear once he saw his friend's superhero outfit laying on the ground, torn up. His mind jumped to conclusions.
"You... you MONSTER! You killed Tom!" Tord growled, his eyes glowing. He took a step forward, spinning in his steps rapidly until he made a windy tornado around him. He didn't earn the name Tordnado for nothing. He smirked and stopped, pushing his back towards the monster, making the tornado fly towards it. He turned to see the creature fall back, the wind knocked out of it. He chuckled and ran up to it, jumped up, and power kicked right off of its forehead. He landed as the monster doubled back, growling lowly. He was about to attack again, when he realized something. This thing wasn't fighting back. He lowered the hand that he had raised, posed to do a later attack from his palm.

"Why... aren't you... attacking me?" He looked at the beast confused. His anger died down for a moment as he caught a glimpse of sadness in the creature's eye.
"Are you.... sorry or something?" Tord spat and walked up to the monster slightly. It looked down at him with a pleading face. A thought crossed Tord's mind as his two friends ran around the corner.

"Tord! Get away, it's going to hurt you!" Edd shouted and prepared a later eye attack, when Tord got in front of his aim.
"Edd, calm down! He's not going to hurt anyone." He stated calmly.
"What are you talking about?! It killed Tom!"
"No, you idiot!" Tord snapped. "He is Tom!"

The three stayed silent for a moment before Matt spoke up.
"Uh.... I think Tord's right." He stayed and pointed behind Tord. The norski turned around only to see the monster start shrinking. His eye seemed to spilt up into two, his tail grew shorter, the horns disappeared, and the fangs turned into normal human canines. His skin became more patchy and less scaly in different areas. Tord stepped back a few paces as the monster collapsed, changing back into a similar human. Strangely, he still had his pants on, but they were torn. His short and cape, meanwhile, stayed on the ground, ripped up.

"Tom!" Tord smiled and ran over to the Brit, who groaned and tried to sit up. The norski ran over to him, hugged the shorter male, and pulled him to his feet, not letting him go. Tom groaned again, his eyes closed.
"Why... are you... being nice... to me...?" Tom asked, his voice cracking and he seemed out of breath. Tord just continued hugging him.
"Because I thought you were dead, and I care for you." Tord whispered to Tom as the Brit slowly nodded, unsure if he meant it or not.