Another Angst Shot

(Picture above belongs to princeofmints. Found it on Pinterest.

So, I wanted to write a one shot on this au because everyone knows it and everyone hates it. I've done plenty of headcannon in this AU, too, and I've dubbed it the 'messed up' au. I don't know why, I just did.

This happens an hour or something after the robot explosion. Edd, Matt, and Tom are getting settled into their apartments and decided to go over to Edd's to relax a little bit.)

Tom layed on his back, staring up at the ceiling. His mind was blank, for he couldn't think of anything. Sure, he had a few hours of cool down, but his heart still pounded. The ringing seemed to stay in his ears from both the robot explosion and the house exploding around him. He slowly reached up and rubbed the bandages covering his wound, which had begun to stop bleeding. Thank god it was just a cut in his upper arm, even if it was deep and probably needed stitches. Edd walked in from the kitchen with a cola can in his hand.
"You ok?" He asked his friend. Tom looked over to him and nodded a little bit.
"Yeah. I think I am, anyways." He stated and sat up. "Are you ok? You were the one who freaked out the most."
"Well, I'm still kind of shocked... but I'm alright." Edd shrugged and sat next to his friend. Matt was sitting across the room, looking at himself in a pocket mirror.
   Tom sighed a little bit and looked back at his bandages, seeing they were starting to bleed through more. Edd gulped when he noticed this.
   "I have some extra gauze in the bathroom. Hold up." He got up and walked down the hall while Tom nodded a little bit and wat he'd him leave. Right after Edd left down the hall, there was a knocking sound at the door. Matt looked up from his mirror and looked over to Tom, who looked back at him before getting up and walking over to the door, opening it a little bit.
   "Hello?" He looked at the male on the other side of the door. He was taller than Tom himself with a slightly scruffy look and a bandage wrapped over his eye. His clothes looked like those of an army uniform. Whoever he was, he was clearly trying to hide any sort of emotion behind his straight face and the cigarette hanging out of his mouth.
   "Hello there." He spoke, his voice slightly cracking, as if he had been crying. Tom gave him a confused look.
   "Who are you?" He asked.
   "My name is Paul. And... I need to talk to three people. Edd Judge, Matt Sade, and..." he trailed off for a moment. "Tom Spaventa." He stated.
   "Well, I'm Tom. My friends are in here, hold up." Tom backed away from the door for a moment before seeing Edd enter the room and look over to the man in the doorway.
   "Who is that?"
   "His name's Paul. He's looking for us, apparently." Tom opened the door fully to see another male leaning against the wall on the other side of the door. Tom stepped out of the way for the two as they entered the apartment.
   "Who's the second guy?" Matt asked, overhearing the whole conversation.
   "I'm Patryck." The smaller male stated, wiping his sleeve across his eyes. Strange, Tom thought, his eyes seemed slightly puffy and red. Again, like he had been crying.

   "So, what's going on?" Edd asked gently.
   "I'm sure you know someone by the name of Tord Audet." Paul stated, his voice like ice. Tom gulped.
   "Yeah. We know that traitor. What the hell's the problem now?!" Tom snapped.
   "He's dead."
   "..... what?" Tom looked taken aback. Tord, dead? No, that couldn't be true. Paul sighed.
   "Tord is dead. A harpoon hit him in the chest and killed him." Tom's eyes went white as his heartbeat picked up. If they were correct, he was a murderer. He had killed Tord.

   "He told us some things before he passed away that you should here." Patryck spoke up.
   "How do you even know Tord?" Edd asked, his voice shaky.
   "He was the leader of an army. We were his most trusted soldiers." Paul explained and then urged the smaller male besides him on with a slightly broken smile.
    "You see... um..." Patryck cleared his throat. "He wanted us to tell you that... well... he's sorry for what he did. He hated that he was such an idiot and that..." Patryck paused, wiping his eyes again. "He hopes you will forgive him." The other three went silent, processing what he just said. But, Patryck wasn't finished. He looked at Tom. "You said you're Tom Spaventa, right?" He asked.
"Y-yeah..." Tom couldn't help but stutter. What did Tord have to say to him, of all people?
"He wanted us to tell you that he loves you." Patryck stated, wiping his eyes again. Tom's eyes went white again and he stepped back. Paul and Pat looked at eachother again before slightly nodding, as if to agree on something.

"We... should be leaving." Paul stated. "That's all he wished to tell you..." The soldier looked down a little bit. Edd nodded, clearly trying not to cry himself.
"Thank you for telling us this..." he said. Paul nodded gently before leading Patryck out of the apartment and closing the door behind them.

A moment of silence crossed the three in the room. They didn't exactly know how to react, knowing their friend was gone for good. Sure, he had been a traitor to them, but it still stung. Tom suddenly growled and ran out of the apartment, almost throwing the door off of its hinges. He ran back to his apartment, opened the door, and slammed it behind him before Edd or Matt knew had to react. They just noticed he had tears in his eyes as he left, which was rare of him to have.