27 - Trip Back Home

Mia's POV

"GRANDPA!!!!!" I exclaim happily as I run towards Grandpa before engulfing him into a tight hug. "Mia! My granddaughter--"

Our oh-so-sweet reunion ended when Grandpa hits my head. "You little! You should inform me about you going to Alice Academy!" He exclaims angrily. Nevertheless, I shrug it off by giggling. I missed him so much, even though I didn't show it out like Mikan did.

"Ah, Grandpa! Quick! I want to wave goodbye to my other friend who can also go gome!" I say, pulling Grandpa to the balcony where the Academy's car is still there. "Iinchou!! Have fun!!!" I shout out loud and he heard me. "I will!!" Iinchou shouts back, a wide smile never leaving his face.

After that, I settled in my clothes and everything before going downstairs again. "Grandpa, this is from Mikan" I say, holding out a letter to him which he gladly accepted. I proceeded to lean my chin on Grandpa's shoulder as both of us read Mikan's letter together.

It was such a shame Mikan couldn't be with us or else it would have been perfect.

"You know, Grandpa? Mikan worked reallllllyyyy hard in studying so she can come home!" I say, she really did and I was so proud of her. Watching Mikan doing her best like that, it makes me feel all fired up too to do my utmost best!

"Really? That girl...s-s-sh-she--" Grandpan stammered as I heard sobs coming from him and it's starting to make me tear up too. "Don't worry Grandpa, one day, the three of us can live together again" I utter, hugging him from the back.

"How about I show my album to you, Grandpa? I took pictures of every event or unforgettable moments in academy and put them together!" I exclaim happily and he agrees with me. Running back to the room I used to share with Mikan, I take my album with me.

🌸

That evening, I went to the beach. It's been a long time since I've been there because of boarding school and Alice Academy. Taking off my shoes, I walk barefoot along the shores. The tickling sensation as waves crash at my feet got me feeling nostalgic of all a sudden.

The crystal clear water captivated me as my eyes seem to not being able to look away from it. The soothing sound of waves calmed my heart as I release a sigh.

"Watery" I call for her softly. No one is here at this time so I can freely talk to Watery as I please without using my mind. "Yeah?"

"Everyone from Alice Academy..do you think they've been to a beach before?" I ask quietly before sitting down myself on the sand, admiring the sunset. "I don't think so, they've been in the Academy since they were very young after all" Watery answered.

"I figured that too" I mutter. This scenery may be normal for me, Mikan or Ho-chan but to those who were in the Academy..I'm sure they would be delightful to come here.

"One day, I hope I can come to the beach with everyone" I wish as I close my eyes. "And of course, I also want to come here again with you, Watery" I say, smiling at the thought.

"We will"

"Watery, let's be together forever okay?" I ask. I love her. I love Watery so much. Having her as a part of my life, I was so thankful for it. She gives me another reason to keep on fighting for those who I love and I will treasure it.

"Why are you even asking that question? We will be together forever, Mia. I will never leave you" Watery replies and I felt tears welling up in my eyes and it begins to stream down my cheeks.