82 - Captured

"Sleep tight, Mikan" Mia wishes the younger twin good night before planting a kiss on her forehead

"Sleep tight, Mikan" Mia wishes the younger twin good night before planting a kiss on her forehead. Forming a gentle smile towards her sister, Mia strokes Mikan's head in hope her gesture will bring the girl a sense of comfort and soothe the storm in her heart. "Mia-nee..are you going to search for Tsubasa senpai?" Mikan queries, her eyelids feel heavy and are threatening to just close down but she holds it in for she still wants to savor this moment with Mia.

Nodding her head, Mia reaches out for Mikan's hand before intertwining their fingers together, squeezing it slightly as if symbolizing her determination in finding their beloved brother. "I will definitely find him, and come back to your side"..Mia promises and her words become Mikan's cue to drift off to sleep with the image of Mia's smiling face as the last scene she saw before closing her eyes.

Seeing how the muscles in the younger girl's face begins to relax, Mia takes a step back quietly before exiting the room. She shuts the door quietly in hope that she will not disturb her sister's sleep for Mikan needs the rest after all the blows she received today. Mia goes to her room, scanning her surroundings while doing so in order not to bump into anyone.

Upon arriving, Mia leans her back against the door. Only the sounds of her breathing fills the air as she stares into the space of her room. Inventorying the familiar surroundings, the light that used to gleam radiantly in her hazel eyes fades until they were left dark and empty. Her gaze eventually lands on the right side of her room, where her 'Wall of Memories' is as she drags her legs to reach it.

The photos are arranged according to their dates. From Mia's first day in the academy until the latest ones of Sports Festival, every single memory of hers in Alice Academy is here. Mia anchored her attention on a particular photo of her, Mikan and Tsubasa during Alice Festival. The care free smile plastered on Tsubasa's face reminds Mia of his last words before they were separated during the mission.

"Don't worry about me,
I believe in your plan!"

"Tsubasa senpai.." Mia manages to croak out, her whole being trembles from the guilt that's choking her soul right now. Her breathes turn shaky and unstable, a wave of emotions consume her heart as her mind can't seem to stop from replaying his words over and over again. Tsubasa's disappearance is indeed a big blow to Mia as the girl starts blaming herself over the whole incident.

With eyes that are already tired of streaming tears endlessly, Mia sinks to her knees, taking in the awful incident that her brain refuses to comprehend. Mia sits motionless, unaware of the time that has passed by as angry tears flow down her cheeks, her shoulders shudder with each sob that leaves her throat. She was supposed to be the strategist, the one who leads the mission. Yet, she failed miserably. The mission didn't only fail, but the members were badly injured and Tsubasa--

"Mia"

Mia's sobs halt as she lifts her chin up slowly from hearing a voice calling for her name. Her eyes wanders across the room, finding any traces of presence yet she doesn't spot even a single soul at all. The cold night breeze wraps the brunette in a blanket of loneliness, fear and helplessness as she clutches onto a picture of Tsubasa with her and Mikan while staring at the empty space. The moment she turned around just now.. what was she expecting?