9 - Healing Water

It's morning, like really early in the morning. Mia had woke up and is already in her uniform. She always wakes up early but today, is a bit earlier than usual. She can't sleep well last night.

"Mia, is everything okay?" Watery asks.

"Yeah, I just couldn't sleep so don't worry!" Mia exclaims. Deep inside, she knows it's not like that. She felt anxious throughout the night and was on guard.

"You liar, what is so bad that you can't even tell me about it?" Watery says. Mia sighs. She really can't lie to others. It's too obvious, even Watery knows when she is lying.

"Ayy..I told you it's nothing! I'm fine!" Mia exclaims, showing her my cheerful side. The class is not yet to start so she decided to pay a visit to Bear's house. It's been a while since Mia had went there because she had to rest at the hospital.

"I wonder if Bear misses me~" She sings as her steps are getting closer to Bear's house.

"Mia"

Mia stops walking. "What it is Watery?" She asks, this is rare how Watery suddenly talks to her. " Can you hear that sounds?" Watery asks. Sounds? What sounds? Watery told her to keep quiet and listen carefully.

"*pant*...*pant*"

Someone is panting? But...it's so early, who on earth would be here though? "Watery, can you lead me to the sounds?" Mia asks. Watery agreed with her and she told Mia the way that the sounds come from.

Mia walks through the bushes until she sees a field of ground. There, stand two figures who are facing each other. What are they doing here in the forest? Mia still cannot see who are the two figures are until she went closer to the field, her eyes widen.

No way...what is he doing there?

Mia's POV

Using my Alice, I open the water bottle I brought with me and use it to become invisible. I touch the water for a bit and released my Alice. From a drop of water, it grows bigger and wraps me up in the water. Watery is the one who taught me this technique, with just touching the water, I can become invisible if I want to.

Natsume and a guy with a mask. What is with this feeling? Even by just looking at the guy, my chest tighten and I started to feel anxious. What is with this guy?! Is it his Alice?

"That's wrap up your morning punishment, Natsume-kun" the guy with mask says. Punishment? Now that I notice it, Natsume's body is covered with injuries and bruises. What the...did that guy hurt Natsume?

And what is the 'punishment' he's talking about?!

"Damn it...Persona..." Those are the words Natsume managed to say before he pass out. "Natsu--" I quickly cover my own mouth. Ugh, BAKA! What if he noticed you?!

I look as that guy put Natsume on his shoulder and walks away. When he is out of sight, I finally release my Alice. Damn it, my heart is beating so fast and I can't control myself. That guy's Alice...is too powerful. Even by just looking, I know he is not an easy opponent.

Natsume...I hope he took care of his injuries before he comes to class later.

🌸

The moment Natsume entered the classroom, it was dead quiet. He is wearing the black cat mask and the bruises on his legs are still visible. He didn't take care of it?