36 - High School Section

"Then...it's still considered easy to escape past the outer walls" Tono says as Tsubasa helped the last person to get out from the tunnel-- which is Mikan.

"It was easy..so just like that, we're in the high school section" Tsubasa says and when he turned his head to the 4 brats, turns out they were still arguing over the 'squishing' from earlier. "Brats over there, stop playing around" he ranted, sighing at the scene.

"The problems are just beginning" Tono says which caught everyone's attention as they focused on the entrance. "Eh?"

Right at the exit of the hole is a line of defense: (experimental) statues made by students with stone (wood) Alice. Mia who possessed the ability to hear a soul's voice is having chills all over her body as she leans closer to the person in front of her which is Mikan.

Natsume glances at the older twin, what a rare sight of her looking so creeped out. "Their voices are creepy..and.." Mia mutters.

"And what?" Natsume asks.

"..a high degree of self-awareness" Mia finished her words.

One of the statue had a shocked facial expression on its face before shouting nonsense such as, "DON'T~" "Who is it secretly looking at my delicate skin"

"Why is that statue..moving?" Tsubasa asks, shocked at the current situation. "My beauty..don't..don't..will get ruined will get dirty..!" Mia heard the voices by the statues said in her mind. "Ah! Senpai! Watch out!" Mikan exclaims loudly to Tsubasa and he dodged the attack by the statue splendidly.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS-------?!" All of them run from the statues with Tsubasa grabbing Mikan by her collar to fasten their movement.

"Don't..help...will get corrupted!" the statues said again and because of how creepy their voices are, Mia had to cover her ears as she run.

"Hey---- isn't there a better way?!" Tsubasa asks while running from the statues. "Shh!!!"

"Hey! Intruders!" Someone exclaim loudly, judging from his uniform, he is a high school student. Hearing those words, they quickly hide themselves in the bushes, away from where they can be detected.

"Those middle school students, are they playing around with the old lady for fun?" Someone else asks.

The five of them move quietly and finally arrived to the main building of the high school section. "Wow.." Both Mia and Mikan mutters in amazement. 'It's completely different from the elementary school section' Mikan thought.

'The legendary 'warphole' is here' Mia thought in her mind. She clenched her fist, then that means..she is finally one step closer to Sawa.

"As we move forward, you might brush by others,just lower your heads and move on naturally and from here on, there will definitely be more and more people. It'll be different from earlier, much more open within the building, impossible to tell where traps might be hidden. Be careful" Tono explained thoroughly.

"If you want to safely find the warphole, remember to blend in well, and avoid cocky behaviour at all costs.." He continues his words and we begin to walk along the corridor. Mia hold onto Mikan's hand the whole time, afraid she might make a mistake.

"Tono!"

"Yeah?"

"But which direction should we move torwards now? You said you have completely no idea where the notebook is!" Tsubasa says. "Ah..we're going to the news department. That's the headquarters of campus news..who knows we might be caught.." Tono says.