74 - Sports Festival

After a long wait, Gakuen Alice's spring Sports Festival shall now commence! First up, the opening ceremony scenarios consisted of various representatives of each department to present a speech and later on, give their testimony about the festival

To Mikan, the opening ceremony is more like the closing ceremony because of what have occurred between Natsume, Mia and her. Catching a glimpse of the older twin's facial expression, Mikan releases a sigh of relief after seeing that she's feeling alright while listening intently to Subaru, the Latent Ability type's representative.

The Sports Festival begun a short while after the ceremony. Race, jump rope, tug of war, hurdling and many other activities are taking place. "At the beginning of this festival, the White team, inclusive of both Physical and Technology classes has a great advantage over the Red team!" The emcee announced energetically, totally pumped up.

"Go, Red team!" Mikan, Mia, Sawa and Chiaki cheered from the side while wearing cheerleader outfits, punching the air with their pompoms in order to lift up the Red team's spirits.

Currently taking over the spectators' attention is the bread eating competition. "It's a competition of luck to those who are not very used to controlling their alice! In this competition, it is a must for participants to finish eating the whole bread!" the emcee exclaims.

The Sakura Twins shifted their stare on the Red team's participants which are Iinchou and Koko. The breads are made by the students of cooking and medical departments of the Technical class with different effects such as a bread that makes your body bloat and float which was eaten by Koko and a bread that will always grow back was occupied by Iinchou.

"Nonoko, Anna--!" Mikan freaks out after witnessing Koko floating away with ease while Kitsuneme and Youichi waved their hands toward the bloated guy. Red team has obtained 40 points so far while the latter beats them to it by acquiring 65 points.

Mikan beams happily in amazement over the current activity when out of the blue, Tsubasa taps on her shoulder. "Mikan, Tono seems to be calling for you" He informs the little girl. Switching glances with Mia, she points her index finger to herself first then to Tsubasa's direction. "Go on" Mia utters, flashing a smile to the younger twin.

The two Special Ability students left the spectators' side as Mia shifted her attention back to the bread eating competition.

The first climax of this Sports Festival is the obstacle race. It both catches attention and allows the participants to gain more points so that their respective team could win. In this race, besides energy and alice, what matters the most is luck. To make it clearer, whatever traps that may appear are absolutely unpredictable!

"Next item! It's the one we've been all waiting for! Participants for the obstacle race, please get ready!" The emcee announced as the participants entered the field track, among the students lining up, a certain girl with pigtails had Mia's eyes popped open.